Bilingual Human Resources Advisor
BILINGUAL HUMAN RESOURCES ADVISOR
PERMANENT, Full Time Opportunity - 35 hours/ week
The Children’s Aid Society (CAS) of Ottawa is committed to protecting the children and youth of our community from abuse and neglect. We work in collaboration with community partners to ensure their well-being and to strengthen the capacity of families and the communities in which they live
We are currently searching for a dynamic and committed bilingual individual to join our Human Resources Team, to fulfill the role of Bilingual Human Resources Advisor.
The Human Resources Advisor is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining efficient and effective programs related to various human resources services. The Human Resource Advisor provides primary consultation services to all levels of management and staff on the full spectrum of HR functions with a primary focus on leave management, accommodations/WSIB/return to work programs and compensation and benefits.
In this capacity, the Human Resources Advisor responsibilities include:
- Processing all leave requests for Society employees;
- Managing the Society’s early intervention/return to work program;
- Leading accommodation meetings with Supervisors, employees and the union;
- Responding to inquiries and providing information with respect to the Society’s benefit plans, negotiated entitlements and Standard Terms of Reference of Employment;
- Monitoring and liaising with Society benefits carriers and administrators on issues effecting employee eligibility and general plan administration;
- Ensuring all legislative and legal requirements are met in the administration of compensation and benefits, pension plan enrolments and employment legislation;
- Assisting in identifying information requirements for Supervisors and Managers related to human resource administration including leave management and disability management.
- Ability to navigate sensitive information and have difficult conversations
While this Human Resources Advisor will have an initial primary focus as outlined above, the Society is in the process of moving towards an HR business partner model with the HR Advisors eventually carrying a true generalist portfolio which would cover the full life cycle of an employee from recruitment to termination/retirement.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- B.A. in Business Administration or in a Human Resources related field;
- Certified Human Resources Professional (C.H.R.P.) designation preferred;
- Five years’ experience in various functional areas of Human Resources within a unionized environment;
- Advanced Knowledge and experience working with a variety of computer applications including MS Office Suite, and HRMS.
- Demonstrated abilities and knowledge to work within the parameters of employment legislation and Collective Agreements;
- Superior oral, written and communication skills;
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills;
- Exceptional team player with the ability to develop and foster strong relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Fluently bilingual in both French and English (candidates will be required to complete language testing).
Salary: $59,774 to $76,510, commensurate with skills and/or experience
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and generous leave provisions such as 4 weeks of vacation after 6 months. Our modern workplace has excellent physical amenities including a fully equipped gym, free parking and a cafeteria. All successful candidates will benefit from a comprehensive orientation, innovative training programs, quality supervision and recognition of contributions.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please apply on-line on our website at http://www.casott.on.ca/en/careers/opportunities/ before 11:59 p.m., on Friday May 17, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa
however we will only contact those selected for an interview.
CASO is committed to a candidate selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. In order to ensure candidates are assessed in a fair and equitable manner, accommodations will be provided to prospective employees in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live in and serve. The Society encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
More searches like this
- Health and Social Services Rewards / Compensation Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Ontario
- Not-For-Profit Rewards / Compensation Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Ontario