Manager, People + Culture
Dream is looking for a Manager, People + Culture with the experience to work closely with business leaders and the People + Culture team to support the talent needs across multiple business lines.
In this role, you will be the first point for everyone at Dream, including our executives, managers, and especially our employees, for all People & Culture (P+C) matters. You will bring to us your experience with employee relations, talent acquisition, performance management, compensation and benefits. We are looking for someone to partner with our cross-functional teams and leaders, to broker human resources services, and actively engage in staffing, organizational development, talent management and ongoing culture initiatives.
Who are you?
Do you believe you are more than just another “people person”? Are you energized by opportunities to engage with people throughout an organization, and make a real and lasting impact? Are you a leader, ready to take on the challenge of working with an excellent team to continue our culture journey? Are you also perceived as a leader by the managers you support and your team? If so, read on, as we want to hear from you.
Over the last 5+ years you’ve honed your people skills through progressive experience working on human resources challenges with everyone from front-line employees to senior executives. You can confidently say that you are proactive, a change management guru and have a proven track-record of leading to accomplish great things.
Your understanding of P+C best practices along with your own innovative ideas combine to make you a creative problem solver with solutions that align with our business culture. Your ability to work closely with employees and managers to understand everyone’s needs allows you to be a trusted advisor and relied upon for great advice and guidance.
You’re someone who is eager to learn, work hard, and have fun. In other words, we want you to fit in here. There’s a lot happening at Dream, and it happens fast, so this is an opportunity for you to take on significant responsibility, build on your already strong skill set, and help the team achieve its goals. All this in a work environment that is fast-paced, dynamic and fun.
What will you do?
Below are some of the primary responsibilities you will be taking on in this role. There will be more, but we can discuss those in person.
- Champion a customer-focused and performance-based culture aligned to our overall values. You will be a positive influence in building relationships across the organization;
- Act as business partner and coach to the organization in all relevant human resources issues and provide best strategies and services;
- Partner with business leaders to identify and develop top talent;
- Contribute to policy and program development that supports employee growth, development, engagement and departmental operational excellence and efficiency;
- Support managers and employees with the interpretation of P&C policies and procedures;
- Own the talent strategy for the business and provide strategic insight and solutions to leaders on their teams’ talent priorities and needs;
- Work in close collaboration with the talent acquisition team to describe recruitment needs and strategies, as well as support the attraction and retention of exceptional talent that aligns to our culture and values;
- Foster relationships with external agencies and vendors;
- Lead a small team of human resource professionals; and
- Work with the VP, People + Culture, and business leaders, to determine annual priorities and ensure delivery within the expected timeframe and budget.
What type of experience and skills do you have?
These are only some of the things we’d like you to bring to the table. We can cover the rest when we meet.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or diploma preferably within Human Resources or a business related discipline;
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience within a fast paced environment in a similar capacity with business partner, generalist and recruitment experience;
- Real Estate industry experience is an asset;
- Strong relationship building and customer service orientation skills;
- Flexible, well-organized, able to work well under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment;
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as to perform effectively in a team oriented environment;
- Strong attention to detail and well developed organizational skills;
- Well versed in employment legislation; and
- CHRL designation and HRIS experience considered assets.
When you come in to meet we want to hear about your experience leading and inspiring a P+C (or human resources) team, as well as your ability to develop trusted relationships with executives. We would also like to understand more about your significant accomplishments and your proudest experience implementing culture change.
Who are we?
Dream Unlimited Corp. is a leading Canadian real estate company with $14 billion of assets under management in Canada and Europe. We develop, manage, and invest in master-planned communities, income properties, and urban intensification. We proudly build communities from the ground up: from land development to buildings homes and condominiums, and from providing retail centres and driving renewable energy projects to managing assets across the country.
Our attitude and approach set us apart from our competitors. We are guided by our entrepreneurial spirit: we seize unconventional opportunities and try new things, approaching every project with passion and purpose.
And we care about our employees. We want everyone to have a rewarding career and to work with people they like, so we provide exciting work opportunities, open work environments, and fun events. We hire constant learners so we make sure to provide them with learning and growth opportunities.
Thanks for reading all the way through! We can’t wait to meet you.