HUMAN RESOURCES ASSOCIATE (2) (9-MONTH CONTRACTS)
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSOCIATE (2) (9 MONTH CONTRACTS)
POSTING NUMBER: 103386
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $70,134.00 - $78,901.00
MAXIMUM OF SALARY RANGE: $87,668.00
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Under direction of the Manager, Client Services, this position provides guidance and advice on the administration, interpretation, and application of corporate policies and procedures, collective agreements, and employment-related legislation. Independently responds to employee driven requests and inquiries engaging HR functional areas as appropriate and referring more complex matters to the HRBPs. Liaise with multiple levels within the corporation to assist in policy/procedural clarification and act as first point of contact for employee issues. Assess processes and make improvements so that exemplary customer service standards are maintained. Administers the City’s Integrated Claims Management Program, professionally administering claims in the best interests of the City and its employees.
This position is responsible to provide coordinated services, analysis, and research for Client Services project initiatives and operating department requests. Assist Human Resources Business Partners to coordinate, investigate, and resolve employee relation matters and client priorities. Provides procedural guidance to HR Assistants.
This position also partners with a dedicated client group, with mentor support from an HRBP or the Manager, to provide generalist Human Resources (HR) and employee relations guidance, advice and strategic consultative services to ensure corporate consistency in the application of policies and practices, legislation and collective agreement interpretation. Exercise judgement to resolve matters which may be political and sensitive in nature.
- Research and respond to employee inquiries regarding HR matters and operating department initiatives
- Provide guidance and case administration support for the Integrated Claims Management Program
- Collaborate with core functional HR areas and payroll to resolve HR matters
- Work closely with Human Resources Business Partners to coordinate, research, and analyze matters relative to issues and initiatives in support of client priorities.
- Conduct research, prepare recommendations and provide specialized administrative support for Client Services project initiatives and operating department requests
- Provide technical and procedural advice in support of departmental initiatives, programs, processes and policies as they relate to compliance, conformance and procedural protocols.
- Develop and recommend new tools, methods and procedures for improving the quality and efficiency of Client Services practices and processes.
- Research, develop and maintain documents and resources on employee Portal or Manager’s toolkit, and Client Services information, documentation and templates.
- Create HR reports, presentations and documentation for Client Services team and operating departments
- Run automated processes for employee updates, and provide backup to meet deadlines. Establish annual operational timelines for mass data changes, integration points and required testing with Payroll. Prepare all training materials and deliver training corporately.
- Assists the Business Partners with investigation and resolution of employee relations matters.
- Respond to internal and external customer requests, issues and enquiries with regards to interpreting applicable policy/program or practice. Where necessary, act as liaison for expediting first-line responses to employee driven requests and inquiries that require escalation.
- Build and maintain a relationship with cross-functional departments, team, management and external stakeholders, to foster and support coordination of objectives while carrying out accountabilities.Report on customer service standards and develop team standards for optimal delivery standards.
COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING
- Maintain integrity and professionalism while communicating and promoting Client Services and HR initiatives
- Communicate well with a diverse range of people including employees, union representatives and management
- Research and assist with the preparation of policies, procedures and confidential reports for senior management.
- Prepare standard correspondence, reports, presentations, statistical reporting, data and other relevant materials as required to meet established timelines.
- Prepare and maintain various corporate driven reports such as vacancy reports, attendance management reports and related HR metrics.
- First point of contact for resolving employee driven HR requests
- Maintain knowledge of and advise on proper and consistent application of collective agreements, Corporate policies and practices, legislation, regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Conduct research and analysis using internal and external resources to gain insight of current program/project, processes and practices to assist management/team in ways to improve service solutions and support operational needs.
TEAMWORK AND COOPERATION
- Assist in special research projects as required.
- Work well within diverse groups to support operational goals and objectives to improve efficiency.
- Demonstrate corporate values at all times.
- Participate as a member of cross-functional teams.
- Provide support/backup as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality based on the requirement to access, review, maintain and distribute sensitive departmental and organizational communication, materials and records.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources, Business or equivalent in related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Human Resources support role
- Exposure to public administration and/or a unionized environment an asset.
- Comprehensive understanding of employment legislation, including ESA, OHRC, OHSA
- Superior interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience at providing exemplary customer service and people management to handle inquiries and resolve issues to meet corporate service standards skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills for issue identification, problem solving and options identification
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to meet conflicting priorities and timelines
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and additional related software programs and databases
- Demonstrated ability to exercise significant discretion and sensitivity; and to use consultative and relationship building skills with diverse client group
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.9
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Watch our Join Our Team video to hear what our employees say about working here. For insight about Brampton’s future, take a peek at what renowned urban planner Larry Beasley has to say.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Contract
Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by: May 15, 2019
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference #103386 by May 15, 2019 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.