Human Resources Business Partner
WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others WE – Making doing good, doable.
Reporting into the Director, HR Business Partners, the HRBP is the face of Human Resources to our internal client groups. The HRBP will be both a leader within the HR team but will be integrated into the client group leadership as well.
The HRBP will lead the creation and execution of the annual People Plan for their client groups including but not limited to employee relations, talent management/organizational effectiveness, performance management and employee engagement action planning.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a proven track record of partnering with business leaders to drive alignment, engagement and high performance with their teams. A natural leader that translates into trust and confidence in HR’s ability to deliver. Able to think both strategically and to drive execution. A true team player both within the HR team and with their clients. The role is suitable for someone who approaches their work with both “hustle and heart”.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization - the WE.org Philosophy. The position is based out of WE's office in Toronto.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as trusted advisor to client group leaders (C-suite and Heads); as well be able to be relatable to employees across the organization
- Ensure the effective execution of HR programs, processes, communications, and strategic initiatives
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to deliver and implement recruitment plans
- Partner with the Leadership and Performance team to deliver learning programs
- Drive the annual “Growth and Success plan” program which includes supporting the business in goal setting, coaching and feedback, assessment and personal development planning
- Provide business leaders with people metrics and information and regular analysis on HR trends (internal and external) and develop recommendations for improvement
- Provide advice to senior leadership, and managers regarding clarification and interpretation of company policies and act as the point of contact on all policy-related matters
- Coach, mentor and educate managers to lead their teams ensuring all company standards and practices are upheld to enable a safe, healthy and compliant work environment
- Lead and provide appropriate guidance on employee disciplinary actions up to and including employment termination
- Remain current on and develop new processes and practices to ensure compliance with provincial Employment Standards legislation, Human Rights Legislation and all employment regulations
- Oversee and facilitate training workshops to deliver content that enhances the capabilities of line managers and employees
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Labour Relations or related discipline; CHRL Certified or progressing towards certification
- 5+ years of progressive experience as an HR Business Partner with demonstrated knowledge and understanding in the management of all aspects of HR functions. Specifically: organizational design principles, employment law, employee engagement and performance management
- Superior communication skills – both written and verbal
- Well versed in human analytics and using numbers to tell the story of the workplace
- Results oriented and able to build trusted relationships
- Able to facilitate workshops and other training events
- Strong working knowledge of current provincial Employment Standards legislation, Human Rights Legislation and all employment regulations
- MS Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
What makes us unique…
WE is a family of organizations making doing good, doable. WE Charity empowers domestic and international change. ME to WE is a social enterprise that creates socially conscious products and experiences to help support the charity. And WE Day fills stadiums around the world with the greatest celebration of social good. WE enables youth and families to better the world – supporting 2,500+ local and global causes by volunteering millions of hours of service, shopping daily with an impact, and raising millions of dollars that directly benefit their local communities and the world. Globally, our teams in Asia, Africa, and Latin America have provided more than 1 million people with clean water, built 1,000 schools and schoolrooms overseas, and empowered more than 200,000 children with access to education. WE was founded more than 20 years ago by social entrepreneurs, brothers Craig and Marc Kielburger. Join the movement today at WE.org
WE values diversity in its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants requiring a disability-related accommodation at any stage of WE’s recruitment process should contact the People Operations and Culture Department by email at email@example.com. As required by applicable legislation, WE will consult with applicants requesting such an accommodation to ensure that WE’s recruitment process takes into account their accessibility needs, including in relation to the materials or processes to be used by WE.