LTO Representative, Human Resource Services
Position: LTO Representative, Human Resource Services
Work Location: Education Centre Aurora (60 Wellington Street West, Aurora L4G 3H2)
Work Schedule: 35 hours/week
Application Deadline: May 16, 2019
Interested staff members are required to complete the following on-line application to the attention of: The Recruitment Team. This temporary position is effective immediately and will end on or about April 30, 2020.
The Long Term Occasional Representative position is responsible for assisting in the administration of the Board’s long term occasional (LTO) contracts and processing the paperwork and data entry required to ensure compliance with the occasional teachers’ collective agreement and Board policies and procedures.
- To prepare LTO agreements for data entry, ensuring proper category, experience and payments are calculated and processed.
- To ensure proper completed paperwork has been received and follow up on any missing documentation as required.
- To process all LTO contract changes to the original assignment, including category, experience, percentage, termination and extension of contracts for LTO teachers.
- To input all necessary data on the Human Resource Information System, StaffAbsence Replacement System (STAR) and Trillium.
- To ensure the LTO teacher classifications have been entered correctly as replacement of a permanent teacher or vacancy classifications.
- To answer questions and/or inquiries from Occasional Teachers and Long Term Occasional Teachers regarding experience, salary and category placement, etc.
- To provide guidance and/or advice to school secretaries with regard to coding absences for teachers being replaced by LTO teachers.
- To participate in the process of updating the ongoing and annual Occasional Teacher and Long Term Occasional Teacher Experience Update as required.
- To investigate any discrepancies and amend the records in consultation with the appropriate Supervisory Staff.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
LINE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible to the Supervisor, Compensation
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A two year college diploma in human resources management or a related discipline is required.
- Minimum two years human resources or related experience is required.
- Effective communication, verbal and written, and good interpersonal skills required. Good mathematical and computer skills required.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals and groups both within and outside the Board is required.
Equity, Diversity, and Accommodation:
The York Region District School Board believes in giving each and every applicant an equal opportunity to succeed on his or her own merit, and we strive to hire staff that reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and our communities. Human Resource Services strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected to participate in our recruitment process, please inform our Recruitment and Retention Team of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the York Region District School Board strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise the Recruitment and Retention Team in advance of attending the interview/practicum.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit a current original Police Vulnerable Sector Check from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment with the Board. Police Vulnerable Sector Check documents are only valid if issued within the last six months. Candidates are not advised to obtain this document prior to an offer of employment.
On-line applications are collected centrally at the Education Centre - Aurora and are monitored by Human Resource Services. Only candidates selected to participate in our selection process will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.