Principal, Employee Relations (Contract – 14 months)
EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering information, knowledge and innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business. We take on risk so Canadian businesses can take on the world.
When you join our team, you’ll be helping Canadian companies bring their vision, passion and innovation to the global marketplace. Your knowledge and expertise will support more than 10,000 Canadian companies and their customers in as many as 200 markets worldwide. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the best and brightest in an inclusive, collaborative environment that fosters professional development and success. And you’ll know that you’re making a difference every day—for companies, for Canada and for the people you work with.
Year after year, EDC has been recognized as a Top 100 and Top Family-Friendly Employer.
The primary responsibility of Principal is to provide subject matter expertise to internal clients in the area of Employee Relations. Employee Relations at EDC involves working with both employees and leaders on a variety of complex issues, establishing a workplace of mutual respect and supportive leadership. Guidance on disability cases and coaching on difficult conversations round out this role. In all situations, the goal is to coach, influence and guide all parties towards successful outcomes.
The Wellness & Employee Relations team also focuses on the development and delivery the overall corporate wellness strategy.
- Provides strategic advice on best practices in human resources management and employee relations to all levels of leadership, and employees
- Leads the resolution of complex employee relations and disability cases, as well as supports the development of performance improvement plans
- Provide remote support to EDC employees in regional and International offices, in partnership with other Government agencies
- Leads the resolution of the most complex employee relations and disability cases that have a broad and lasting impact on the business
- Ability to develop strong supportive and trusting relationships; assess situations with confidence, provide guidance, and develop plans forward
- Approach all cases with a risk aware mindset
- Work in close partnership with other HR teams, to advance the delivery of our HR strategy
- Design and deliver Leader on-boarding related to Employee Relations, including educating leaders of our obligations under the Canada Labor Code
- Employee Relations experience in a federally regulated environment
- Experience managing complex disability files including successful gradual return to work programs
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or Industrial Relations
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in human resources management
- Knowledge of the Canada Labour Code, and key legislation
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English). In the event a qualified bilingual candidate is not found, a qualified unilingual candidate will be considered. Both bilingual and unilingual candidates are encouraged to apply
- Experience in a Crown Corporation
- $86,000 - $128,000
- Please be advised that this position is based at our Head Office in Ottawa.
How to apply
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: May 17, 2019, 11:59 p.m. EST on www.edc.ca/careers
EDC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodation.
Candidates must meet the requisite government security screening requirements.