Recruiter/Human Resources Generalist
POSITION: Recruiter/ Human Resources Generalist
LOCATION: 90 Belfield Rd, Toronto, ON
Who We Are
S&C Electric Company is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. We are a Chicago-based company that designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution. The Canadian division, S&C Electric Canada Ltd, is Headquartered in Toronto at a 225,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility, with additional sales offices in Calgary and Montreal. Whether it be through industry shaping or traditional solutions, S&C is dedicated to keeping the lights on for billions of people worldwide.
Come join our team of over 400 members who develop, design, manufacture and support a wide range of solutions and products designed to help keep the lights on! Please see https://youtu.be/wNbLwEfVg6E for testimonials of current team members on their experience of working at S&C.
We are currently hiring a Recruiter/ Human Resources Generalist to join our HR team. Reporting to the Director – Human Resources, the Recruiter will be experienced in full cycle recruiting and employment branding. The ideal candidate will have a sharp eye for talented people and a steady commitment to help them find success in S&C. If you have at least 4 years of experience in talent acquisition and a keen interest in getting more involved in Human Resources, we want to meet you.
What You Will Do
You will be responsible for leading the full life-cycle talent acquisition process for all job levels (manufacturing, Engineering, leadership), by doing the following:
- Develop and implement strategies including talent mapping to achieve required staffing levels, including Campus Recruitment
- Perform pre-employment activities including screening resumes, conducting interviews, conducting reference checks, and drafting job offers
- Work with Leaders to create comprehensive talent profiles to reach the best candidates for S&C Canada
- Deliver an outstanding candidate experience at every stage of the recruitment process
- Provide training to leadership on recruiting best practices
- Metrics and Reporting - provide meaningful metrics to measure the effectiveness of sourcing strategy and identify trends
- Lead employment branding initiatives, including social media presence and partnering with academic institutions
- Manage vendor relationships
- Support and perform other HR Generalist duties and projects
What We Are Looking For
As a Recruiter and an HR representative you act as an ambassador for the company inside and out, so friendliness, collaboration, and trust are key. We are looking for someone with innovative ideas to ensure our talent acquisition practices are aligned with our diversity and inclusion initiations. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Business
- Minimum 4 years of experience in recruiting and human resources; some experience in the manufacturing industry
- Working towards becoming a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills and the ability to work within tight deadlines
- Knowledge of employment standards and legislations
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and Application Tracking Systems
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please send a cover letter and resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, S&C Electric Canada Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform S&C Electric Canada Ltd.’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
More searches like this
- Energy – Production and Distribution (e.g. Oil, Gas, Electricity) Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Ontario
- Engineering Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Ontario
- Manufacturing Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Ontario