Pension and Benefits Manager
POSITION: Pension and Benefits Manager
LOCATION: 90 Belfield Rd, Toronto, ON
STATUS: Full Time
Who We Are
S&C Electric Company is a global provider of equipment and services for electric power systems. We are a Chicago-based company that designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution. The Canadian division, S&C Electric Canada Ltd, is Headquartered in Toronto at a 225,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility, with additional sales offices in Calgary and Montreal. Whether it be through industry shaping or traditional solutions, S&C is dedicated to keeping the lights on for billions of people worldwide.
Come join our team of over 400 members who develop, design, manufacture and support a wide range of solutions and products designed to help keep the lights on! Please see https://youtu.be/wNbLwEfVg6E for testimonials of current team members on their experience of working at S&C.
Why Work for S&C Electric Canada Ltd
Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our team. S&C supports these qualities with a competitive package of pay and benefits, including:
- Bonus Plan
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Benefit Options
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- Paid Holiday Shutdown
- Summer Hours
- Seniority Recognition Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Subsidized Cafeteria
We are currently hiring a Pension and Benefits Manager. Reporting to the Director – Human Resources, the successful candidate will manage S&C’s pension and benefits program and provide recommendations to enhance the employee experience for our team members.
What You Will Do
- Manage the Defined Benefit Plan (DBP) for current members and enroll and educate new members to the Defined Contribution Benefit Plan (DCBP).
- Provide proactive recommendations on the pension process and program improvements focusing on enhancing the employee experience.
- Monitor and report legislative changes and trends to ensure compliance.
- Perform day-to-day administration of plans and respond to team members inquiries.
- Manage third party partner relations and performance.
- Support team members in preparing for the next stage of their lives.
- Review internal demographics and educate team members accordingly based on their life stage.
- Educate team members about S&C Canada’s retirement plans (SERP, Group RSPs, TFSAs and Optional Ancillary Plan
- Disability Management: Manage short-term and long-term disability claims and early and safe return to work. Coordinate with third party nurse to ensure required documentation is obtained and forms are completed. Provide education and support to team members on the disability and manage the accommodation process
- Wellness Program: Work with the Manager – Health & Safety, Environment to build a tailor-made Wellness Program for S&C Canada aimed to improve team members physical, social, emotional, financial, and environmental health. Oversee the management of the on-site subsidized cafeteria.
This role will also have accountability over the Plan Governance and Co-chair the Pension Committee meetings to ensure fiduciary responsibilities are met. This role is in conjunction with the Director – Human Resources and Director – Finance and Accounting will make recommendations to the Pension Committee.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Business or Human Resources.
- CHRP/CHRL designation achieved or in progress with additional certification is (CEBS, RPA, GBA) an asset
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in pension and benefits administration
- Human Resources and/or total rewards experience would be an asset
- Thorough knowledge of employee benefits and pension
- Highly proficient computer skills (MS Office, Oracle HCM)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills; ability to effectively communicate with team members of various backgrounds
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational, problem solving and leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Ability to interact with and influence others effectively
- Ability to research and identify problems, develop proposals and potential solutions, and conduct analysis independently
- Possesses a high degree of confidentiality and professional judgment
- Logical thinker that can be the tactical implementer of new programs
- Proven ability to set priorities, and to execute and manage multiple tasks
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please send a cover letter and resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, S&C Electric Canada Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform S&C Electric Canada Ltd.’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.