Human Resources Officer
The Ontario Finnish Resthome is a multi-level care, seniors’ residential community comprised of four sites that provide accommodation, care and other supportive services for the health and welfare of aged persons. We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Human Resources Officer that reports to the Director of Human Resources. This position has advancement potential.
- University degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of experience in human resources in a unionized setting.
- Professional designation as a Certified Human Resources Professional or near completion of the designation.
- Experience in recruitment, training, employee benefits, employee documentation, policy manuals, as well as conducting research and compiling statistics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and execute work efficiently and effectively.
- Knowledge of employment related legislation.
- Preference will be given to candidate able to communicate in English and Finnish.
- Computer literate, including demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and computerized human resources software.
- Input into the HRIS all employee records and related documentation well as run reports and provide statistical summaries.
- Assist in recruitment including job postings/ads, interviews, testing, reference checks and pre-employment requirements.
- Draft offers of employment and other employment related documentation.
- Conduct new hire orientation, employee benefit enrolments and related on-boarding functions.
- Conduct research related to wage rates, collective agreement settlements and industry trends.
- Assist the Director with labour relations matters including grievance, negotiations and contract interpretation.
- Assist in researching and drafting policies and procedures as well as responding to related inquiries.
- Complete required documentation and monitor both occupational and non-occupational work related injuries/illnesses.
- Organize employee relations and health/wellness initiatives.
- Maintain training records and track completion of performance appraisals.
- Assist the Director of Human Resources as assigned.
To apply for this position please email a copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on our website at https://www.ontariofinnishresthome.ca/careers by May 24, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.