Human Resources Consultant (Business Partner)
This position is an integral part of our team and provides leadership, direction, support and guidance in day-to-day Human Resources matters, all in accordance with the strategic planning objectives of the Health Centre and the HR department. The HR Consultant is responsible for managing HR matters for their client group as well as the development of systems and processes to support excellent HR practices.
In this role, you will work with designated client groups to provide generalist advice and excellent customer service in the areas of employee and labour relations, health & safety, legislative requirements, resource planning and recruitment as well as employee engagement and development.
This will include:
- Provides advice on day-to-day labour relations matters in accordance with collective agreements, Health Centre policies and procedures and relevant legislation and takes the lead for the first step grievance processes related to their client.
- Provides education and advice related to the management of employee performance
- Supports clients through investigations and provides advice throughout the progressive discipline process
- Assists departments in resolving employee conflicts.
- Strategizes with managers about employee health/work issues.
- Leads the workplace accommodation process in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Provides guidance and advice on talent acquisition and resource planning
- Working in conjunction with the Labour Relations and Compensation Consultant, provides general advice on compensation and benefits administration.
- In conjunction with Employee Experience Consultant and the client, assess, develop and rollout changes to positively affect the department culture
- Contributes to the development/review of HR policies and procedures
- Leads ad hoc projects as assigned
- Support the Internal Responsibility System.
- Follow Infection prevention and control practices and use of Proper Protective Equipment
- Follow Safe work practices Safe use and maintenance of equipment and facilities Participation in annual Health and Safety training (i.e.: Emergency Preparedness, WHMIS) and job-specific training (ie: Safe Work Practices, departmental specific WHMIS education and training, etc.)
- Ensure all appropriate certifications, licenses, and competencies are current (i.e. fall arrest training, lift truck training, CPR, professional designations, etc.) and that the supporting documentation is readily available.
- Model and promote the expectations we have for staff for protecting their own safety and the safety of others.
- Ensure adherence to the safe reporting environment where risks, near-misses and errors, and follow-up and learning from these are documented, and shared and discussed in an open and timely way.
- Ensure attendance and completion of annual Health and Safety Training requirements along with job-specific training including Safe Work Practices and appropriate use of PPE.
- University Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
- Three to five years progressive experience as an HR Generalist internal consultant
- Experience in HR in a unionized environment, preferably in a health care setting.
- CHRP/ CHRL designation in good standing
- Demonstrated experience as a Human Resources Generalist in a broad range of HR practices e.g. Labour Relations, Compensation, Recruitment, Conflict Resolution, Issues management, Accommodations
- Demonstrated commitment to staying current with HR best practices through personal reading, hands-on experience, courses, seminars and/or ongoing education
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with stakeholders/clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and objectives within specified time frames.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program planning, development, facilitation and evaluation.
- Analytical decision making/problem solving skills.
- Conflict resolution and mediation/facilitations skills.
- Skills in promoting a team environment and a customer service focus.
- An ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a good attendance record and meet the performance standards of the Health Centre
Peterborough Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in your applicant form.
While the Health Centre appreciates your expression of interest in this position(s), only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. Please note, in the case of unionized positions, the Health Centre will consider internal applicants first, in accordance with the particular Collective Agreement.