Manager, Total Rewards
1 day left
- Designations Required/Preferred
Reporting to the Senior Director, Total Rewards, you will be accountable for researching, designing and monitoring MLSE’s Total Reward programs including compensation, pension, health benefits and other employee rewards.
- Assist in the design and implementation of total reward programs including compensation, benefit and pension programs; evaluate and revise programs in accordance with organizational business strategy, changes in policy direction and trend analysis.
- Lead the design, implementation and management of reporting and analytics to inform total reward program design and improve value across the organization.
- Keep abreast of meaningful trends in total rewards and identify areas of opportunity for MLSE to remain market competitive.
- Support the Senior Director, Total Rewards, HR Business Partners and/or Business Unit Leaders by providing thoughtful analysis, research and recommendations in all areas of total rewards.
- Support change within the organization by developing tools and materials to communicate MLSE’s total reward philosophy.
- Lead the annual salary benchmarking process, including survey selection, analyzing market data, reviewing and providing recommendations for budget development, salary adjustments and promotions.
- Lead the annual pay review cycle (salary and variable pay), which includes business planning / budgeting, development of administration guidelines, liaising with HR technology leads to ensure a seamless process, and development of manager / employee communication materials.
- Lead the implementation of MLSE’s incentive plans, including target calibration and range setting, performance tracking and reporting, and payout calibration / administration.
- Conduct reviews (as needed) of MLSE’s executive compensation program and assist in the development of quarterly presentation materials for MLSE’s Compensation, Human Resources and Governance Committee.
Job Evaluation / Headcount Management
- Maintain MLSE’s job evaluation system and work with HR and Business Unit Managers to evaluate and/or update roles across the organization, and conduct regular analyses to ensure compliance with legislative requirements (e.g., pay equity).
- Manage and monitor organizational headcount and develop robust quarterly reporting and metrics to assist managers in talent management.
Pension & Benefit Management
- Assess and manage MLSE’s health benefit, pension and other employee reward programs. Ensure accurate billing and payment processing from third parties, timely enrolments for eligible staff and respond to escalated employee inquiries regarding these programs.
- Handle vendor relationships for outsourced benefit programs and work with external providers in evaluating and updating pension and benefit programs, as required.
- Ensure that all benefit and pension practices adhere to provincial standards and guidelines; stay abreast of legislative and industry changes/trends and adopt and implement as needed.
- Identify cost saving and or/process streamlining opportunities to maximize MLSE’s pension and benefit spend, while aligning programs with employee needs.
- Develop communication materials to support employee understanding.
Reporting and Analytics
- Work closely with HR Technology leads to ensure a robust auditing process for all compensation and benefit data contained within the organization’s HR Information System, Workday.
- Assist in the development of dashboards and analytics related to total rewards to assist the business in making talent decisions.
- Support the continued evolution of total reward program delivery through digital platforms and participate within cross-functional project teams.
- Provide advice and mentoring to direct reports (Sr. Compensation Analyst and Pension & Benefits Specialist) to ensure seamless delivery of total reward programs.
- Identify professional development opportunities for staff to promote continued learning and skill development.
- University degree in Human Resource, Finance or Business preferred.
- 6+ years’ experience managing compensation, pension and benefits in a fast-paced environment, including existing experience as Manager.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in overall compensation and benefits analysis and management.
- Project management experience within total rewards and HR systems is a definite asset.
- Extensive experience with market surveys and overall pay administration, including managing annual pay cycles.
- Strong understanding of job evaluation principles and methodology including design, implementation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of laws as they relate to compensation and benefits.
- Experience with Workday functionality (HCM module) is a definite asset.
- Strong business acumen to liaise with managers across the organization.
- Strong writing, verbal and presentation skills.
- Able to handle confidential information in an ethical manner.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills.
- Able to respond to situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Creative and progressive thought leader, with an authentic interest in innovation.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.