Human Resources Generalist
Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Human Resources Generalist.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development or equivalent.
- Not less than 3 years but not more than 5 years of experience.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) required; Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) preferred.
- Experience working in a multi-sector, multi-program, multi-site, not-for-profit environment.
- Highly attentive to detail.
- A creative, solutions-oriented thinker.
- Thrives in an environment that is ever changing because of the growth of the agency; Experience managing organizational change.
- Labour Relations and Employee Relations experience.
- Hands-on knowledge of cloud-based HRIS; Workforce Now or similar systems preferred.
- Experience leading HR practices and objectives.
- Self-directed and independent while also possessing proven experience in working effectively as an inter-disciplinary team member and in collaboration with other community professionals.
- A variety of experience providing HR support to all levels of organizations.
- Interested in the personal development.
- A strong community mindset.
Most of what you’ll work on:
- Assist with the recruitment and selection process for both union and non-union jobs.
- Support the development and administration of standardized programs, procedures, and guidelines focused on aligning the workforce with the strategic goals of the Agency.
- Provide guidance to Managers and Directors on topics relating to labour relations and employee relations.
- Participate in the collective bargaining process.
- Assist with risk management and mitigation for the Agency.
- Collect and analyze workforce data in support of the Agency’s strategic Human Resources plan.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to support teams who work directly serving some of the most under-resourced and marginalized members of our community.
- 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefit plan.
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year of employment.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the person described above and want to learn more about how you might make a significant impact on our city, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter as a single Word or pdf document to email@example.com before May 27, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. quoting File #19-P&C-01 in the email “Subject” line.
Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted for an interview, please advise the hiring manager if you require any accommodation during the interview process. The hiring process is governed by Dixon Hall Neighbourhood Services Race Relations and Employment Equity Policies.