Human Resources Generalist
Unique Party Favors is seeking a part-time HR Generalist to work in Brampton, Canada. This Generalist will work under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Director (U.S.), and with indirect supervision of the President of Unique Industries, Inc.’s branch office in Canada (which does business in Canada as “Unique Party Favors), this position provides support to the Canadian facility and tactically executes the day-to-day functions of the Department. Duties include planning and coordinating all human resources activities, such as compensation, employee relations, policy development, performance management, training and development, recruiting/retention, safety, employee communication, payroll and benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes the vision and strategy established by the Human Resources Director (U.S.) at the Canadian facility.
- Advises managers, supervisors, and employees in interpretation and application of human resources policies and procedures; serves as liaison and provides technical expertise to resolve human resources related issues. Responds to inquires regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assists with the development of compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and analyses compensation to ensure compliance and equity within the organization.
- Administers performance evaluation program and revises as necessary to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within the organization.
- Develops staffing strategies to identify talent within and outside the organization, and identifies appropriate and effective external resources to locate candidates at all levels. Interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions. Secures temporary employment for the facility as needed.
- Develops and administers new employee process including orientation, new hire paperwork, and policy communication.
- Creates training programs which will help to continually improve productivity and effectiveness of employees and management.
- Promotes a harassment-free environment; assists in building a diverse workforce.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll for the Canadian facility including uploading information from Timeforce, inputting information into ADP, transmitting payroll, keeping all information current and retaining appropriate records. Ensures employees are paid timely and accurately, and that all payroll data is correct. Runs payroll reports for analysis as required. Delivers pay cheques to employees.
- Tracks and maintains vacation schedules, employee absences and turnover.
- Creates and maintains the Health and Safety manual for the facility; develops and delivers safety training programs; maintains records of safety issues and WSIB instances and manages WSIB claims and return to work program.
- Maintains knowledge of HR policies, programs, laws, industry trends, new developments and issues. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills within the HR field and shares expertise with others.
- Help to positively foster the relationship between the employees and the Company.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resources and governmental rules, regulations and procedures.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to present ideas, and/or facts and recommendations effectively.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Must have strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of payroll, time management and human resource information systems required.
- Ability to give decisive and conclusive answers and statements in the HR field of knowledge in response to questions posed.
- Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
- Excellent follow up and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task. Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Possesses analytical skills with a methodological approach to problem solving and implementation. Ideal candidate will have a resolution based focus and approach.
- Interpersonal and team skills with ability to professionally interact with all levels of personnel required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1(one) to 5 (five) years relevant Human Resource experience desired.
- Certified Human Resources Professional or working towards designation.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Valid Passport Required (or in the process of being obtained)
More searches like this
- Manufacturing Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Clerk, Assistant, Coordinator jobs in Ontario
- Consumer Package Goods Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Clerk, Assistant, Coordinator jobs in Ontario
- Wholesale / Distribution Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Clerk, Assistant, Coordinator jobs in Ontario