Recruitment & Selection Advisor
Kingston’s vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston’s high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
The Recruitment & Selection Advisor is responsible for managing and delivering all facets of recruitment, from the development of recruitment plans to the selection of new hires, for a designated portfolio of City departments. This position plays a critical role in ensuring the most qualified talent is sourced and hired to meet the requirements of the City.
Planning & Organizing – Partner with clients to understand their business needs and jointly assess and define current and future role requirements. Develop effective recruitment strategies to attract and select the best talent. Demonstrate effective planning and organizational skills to meet deadlines and complete quality work. Plan and ensure compliance with related policies and legislation.
Customer Focus – Lead recruitment, selection and workforce planning processes to meet service delivery standards. Provide input and analysis on potential risks and recommendations regarding hiring decisions. Ensure hiring processes are followed consistently and fairly by all parties. Ensure the customer perspective is a driving force behind decisions and activities. Implement service practices that meet customer and corporate needs.
Adaptability – Assist in the research and implementation of new programs and/or recommend changes to existing policies, processes and programs. Identify potential recruitment opportunities, risks and issues. Remain open and adaptable to process improvements, recruitment system changes/upgrades and conduct research to help develop new policies and procedures.
Effective Communication – Communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals and/or groups. Provide advice, guidance, coaching and training to hiring managers on issues pertaining to the recruitment and selection processes including; sourcing, testing, interviewing, job offers, etc. Conduct interviews and notify candidates on requirements for prospective positions, job offers, contracts, terms, and conditions of employment.
Results Orientation – Use measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals. Gather and analyze metrics to track recruitment data. Responsible for the evaluation of recruitment and selection systems, audit verification and identification and resolution of gaps. Advise and educate departments on the optimum utilization of the Corporation’s recruitment and selection processes and systems and provide follow-up to ensure new hires are productive and a good fit in their new jobs.
Teamwork – Participate as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals. Partner and collaborate with other advisors, imparting knowledge, experience, skills and advice on staffing policies and procedures. Collaborate and build connections to create effective working relationships.
Professional Knowledge / Technical Skill - Responsible for full cycle recruitment and staffing assignments opportunities. Ensure the identification of appropriate qualifications, screen applicants against established criteria, determine and administer bona fide testing, develop appropriate interview questions, conduct interviews, analyze recruitment results, conduct reference checks, prepare and extend offers. Support all phases of staffing processes while ensuring compliance with staffing policies and collective agreements.
- 3 year diploma or degree education in Human Resources or related field;
- 2 years experience in recruitment and selection, ideally in a unionized environment;
- CHRP designation considered an asset;
- Knowledge and experience working with collective agreements and employment legislation, including Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, preferred;
- Experience with HRMS and E-recruitment and selection systems preferred;
- Experience in training and documenting processes;
- Required to obtain and maintain satisfactory CPIC (Criminal Record Check) at own expense; and
- Must demonstrate corporate competencies: Customer Focus, Results Orientation, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Skills, Abilities, Work Demands
- Knowledge and experience in competency based interviewing, administration of assessments and tests, recruitment metrics;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong customer service skills, including the ability to establish good working relationships with a variety of internal and external clients and the public;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate tact and discretion when dealing with confidential information;
- Proficient skills in MS Office;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a demanding environment;
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail;
- Knowledge of related policies, procedures, legislation and initiatives; and
- Demonstrate integrity; adhere to professional standards, regulations and corporate policies and procedures (e.g. Code of Conduct).
Please apply to Career Opportunities at: www.cityofkingston.ca/Careers Your resumé must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position. Please upload to your profile, any educational Degrees, Diplomas and/or Certificates that are relevant and required for the position you are applying to. We thank all of those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The City of Kingston is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City's hiring process, i.e., application, assessment and placement. If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at HRCity@cityofkingston.ca, quoting the Job Number and the Job Title. If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.