Human Resources Manager
As the HR Manager, you will provide strategic partnership and hands-on support to deliver people initiatives that drive business results both now and in the future. You will be the key strategic partner championing strategies and execution including employee and labour relations, organizational planning and team development. You will participate in and lead key initiatives and projects relative to integration, change management and implementation of HR best practices.
Key Functional Elements
- Support the leadership team with talent related budgets and analytics of people data to support and drive decision making. Act as their trusted advisor, coach and influencer on talent related matters to improve employee performance and engagement.
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize and build organizational capabilities, behaviours, structures and processes.
- Lead all functional elements of HR along with key strategies for execution including employee relations and investigations, recruitment, on-boarding, and health & safety.
- Provide labour relations and collective bargaining support, including interpretation and recommendations of collective agreements.
- Develop open communication and a positive relationship with union representatives.
- Support grievance and arbitration process while providing a regular and ongoing analysis of unionized labour.
- Lead and support improved cultural change as it relates to customer experience.
- Facilitate annual HR processes including business priority setting, incentive plans and salary recommendation process, succession and HR planning.
- Analyze and interpret employee survey results, and work on action plans to continuously improve them.
Key Leadership Elements
- Identify new opportunities where HR can add value to the business.
- Maintain a knowledge of dynamic HR practice and key trends.
- Ensure that a strong leadership and mentoring culture permeates the organization.
- Identify and drive the communication and sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement.
- See the big picture, keeping organizational strategy in mind; identify internal process improvements and potential efficiencies at a mid to high-level.
- Help with succession planning initiatives and supports business unit leaders in team and people development.
- Ambassador for the department, ensuring HR policy is being applied appropriately while keeping the business top of mind.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Post Graduate Certificate or higher
- 6+ years HR work experience, with at least 2 years in a leadership capacity
- Experience managing within a unionized environment
- Experience leading cultural change management
- Experience leading programs to deliver exceptional customer service both externally to our fans and internally to each other
- Experience in dealing with employee relations including but not limited to: execution of disciplinary actions, development and coaching as it relates to performance improvement plans and dismissals
- Knowledge of employment law and practices as it relates to Canada Labour Code, Ontario Employment Standards and relevant Human Rights legislation
- Experience in Health & Safety including ensuring OH&S standards are met, management of all WSIB claims, and ensuring that all H&S programs, policies and projects are in support of the overall business strategy
- Demonstrable experience with HR analytics and HR Management Systems, preferably Workday
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop professional relationships and influence others for a positive resolution
- Savvy at building partnerships at all levels of the organization, and must be viewed as a trusted advisor to the business
- Confident approach in coaching and influencing senior management
- Strong understanding of financial implications and risks associated with talent decisions
- Analytical with strong project management skills
- Supervisory experience is a great asset
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) one of the world's premier sports and entertainment companies, owns the Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL), Toronto Raptors (NBA), Toronto FC (MLS), Toronto Argonauts (CFL), Toronto Marlies (AHL), Raptors 905 (NBA D-League), TFC II (USL) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League. Its charitable arm, MLSE Foundation, focuses on funding initiatives to support youth through sport and recreational programs. In 2017 MLSE Foundation, with support of community and corporate partners, built MLSE LaunchPad, a 42,000-sq. ft. space dedicated to programming that support its four Pillars: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready For School and Ready For Work.
MLSE also owns and operates Scotiabank Arena, Canada’s premier sports & entertainment venue hosting more than 200 events each year, as well as two digital channels (Leafs Nation Network and NBA TV Canada), and has a partnership with Live Nation (the biggest concert promoter in the world). MLSE has also invested in and operates five of Toronto's sports facilities – Coca-Cola Coliseum, BMO Field, BMO Training Grounds at Downsview Park, home of Toronto FC's Academy and the First Team's practice facility, the Toronto Raptors’ training facility and the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, the practice facility for the Maple Leafs and Marlies.
MLSE’s common purpose is to unite and empower employees to deliver extraordinary moments to our fans and each other.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.