Human resources Business Partner
At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us—the largest foodservice and support services provider in the world. We’re growing bigger and better all the time. How did we become the seventh largest employer globally? It all starts with our commitment to great people, great service, and great results. Join us.
Why work with Compass Group Canada? Over the last 20+ years, Eurest has been working right alongside you, creating the modern at work dining experience. Whether your lunch break is five minutes between meetings, or thirty minutes spent with coworkers, we are there to serve you. Take advantage of mobile ordering and on-the-go stations or spend some time in our work-cafés with a made-to-order meal.
Based out of our Mississauga head office the Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for providing support to our Eurest sector group by partnering with business leaders, consulting in all HR functions to drive business results.
As the Human Resources Business Partner here are the things we’d need you to be great at:
- Serve as a Business Partner for business leaders; provide consultation, coaching and guidance on all HR initiatives for assigned client groups
- Site tours with leaders to engage with employees and obtain feedback
- Provide confidential strategic, operational and tactical advice, counsel and support to leaders in all functional HR areas including employee relations, performance and career development, employment litigation and liability, HR recordkeeping, employee engagement and retention, leaves of absence, workforce planning, and employee separations
- Manage and conduct HR acquisition due diligence with HR Leader/CHRO (policies, compensation, contracts, covenants, employee demographics, and integration (any size transaction) within assigned client groups while making recommendations to ensure equity and alignment post-close; partner with incoming leaders to ensure smooth
- Become intertwined in a sales and customer service focus with the business
- Provide guidance on, and interpretation of, all Human Resources policies, processes and procedures; oversee the development and implementation of HR programs in assigned client groups that result in improving business productivity, efficiencies and retention
- Serve as subject matter expert on provincial laws and case law, while ensuring necessary revisions are drafted in company policy/procedure and employee handbooks; interpret company policy and procedure and provide counsel to leadership and employees in that regard
- Develop relationships with business leaders to foster ongoing and open conversation and trust; serve as leadership coach and confidant, providing counsel and feedback necessary to optimize leadership effectiveness throughout assigned client groups
- Work effectively with Centres of Excellence (Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Labour Relations and Learning & Development) and partner with HR Leader on ad-hoc requests and HR projects
- Provide guidance and counsel to leaders and executives on individual compensation plans, including salary, car allowance, commissions, promotion terms, etc.; ensure position compensation is aligned to competitive pay structure and common established practices
- Transition addressing all short-term transition queries (contract drafting, orientation presentation, user account coordination and “cultural introduction”) and long-term strategic items (ie, compensation, structure and culture)
- Make organizational structure recommendations to division executives including redeployment and redistribution of people resources through organizational restructure plans and reductions in force, ensuring alignment with HR Leader and CHRO
- Generate and interpret people data reports
- Case work (employee/employer relations, labour relations), investigating SpeakUp and on-site/internal escalations through associate/management interviews and data/fact review for recommendation of action (progressive discipline, etc); to ensure health of the site/organization and relationship between associates and managers
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Human Resources Business Partner? Here is what you bring to the table:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma In Human Resources Management required
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) or Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation preferred
- Five to ten years’ progressive experience including five years’ experience in employee relations is a must
- Experience within Food Services, Hospitality or Retail industries is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient in JD Edwards or other HRIS system such as SAP, PeopleSoft, etc.
- Critical thinking, analytical and project management skills
- Strong ability to negotiate and influence at all levels of the organization as well as build and maintain credibility at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment