Employee and Labour Relations Manager
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Employee and Labour Relations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration of human resource services at Dufferin Oaks Long Term Care Home. The position provides support in the areas of labour relations, performance management, discipline, conflict resolution, investigations, absenteeism management and recruitment. In addition this position works with management to ensure the consistent interpretation of collective agreements and sound practices that foster positive, proactive and mutually respectful relationships with CUPE, ONA and their membership.
Minimum qualifications are as follows:
- Graduation from a recognized university or college with a degree or diploma in Labour Relations, Human Resources Management or a related discipline.
- CHRL designation or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge of municipal and long term care functions and processes.
- Sound knowledge of and experience with Collective Agreement interpretation and application, employment, labour legislation and regulations.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Human Rights and employment legislation.
- Superior leadership skills with a team-oriented management style.
- Excellent human relations and communication skills with the ability to professionally and confidentially deal with conflict and counsel, advise, persuade and motivate staff at all levels using a collaborative approach.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and working with HRIS systems.