4 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
We currently have a Temporary Full-Time opportunity (14 Months) for a Supervisor- Recruitment in the Human Resources department at our Bayview Campus.
Reporting to the Manager, Recruitment and Special Projects, the Supervisor, Recruitment will partner with organizational leaders to develop and implement strategies and practices to meet and support business objectives. The incumbent will lead the recruitment team to review processes and provide recommendation on sustainable solutions to ensure optimal efficiency and customer service throughout the recruitment life cycle.
Summary of Duties
- Provides hands on strategic leadership and direction to the Recruitment Assistants for end to end recruitment functions for all Sunnybrook roles across multiple campuses in compliance with legal and regulatory, collective agreement language and best practices
- Provide advice and guidance to leaders on strategic recruitment initiatives
- Oversee day to day operations and activities related to recruitment including troubleshoot issues and challenges
- Provide oversight on recruitment needs for hard to fill roles and department and provide strategic recruitment plans
- Drive the delivery and improvement of an effective and efficient recruitment process
- Manage recruiting efforts: job profiles/descriptions, job posting/advertisement, identify, screen, interview and refer applicants to hiring managers for placements
- Oversee and support successful completion of Internal/External Job Competitions including negotiating/making final offers
- Work closely with HR Business Partner’s to develop and maintain strong working relationships with management in order to understand recruitment profiles, workforce planning and staffing needs
- Work in collaboration with the Labour Relations team on LR matters related to staffing and recruitment including but not limited to job posting and selection grievances, preparation for arbitration cases, staff reassignment etc.
- Formulate creative and effective strategies to find qualified candidates for hard to fill positions
- Execute the recruitment process for large seasonal recruitment cycles including conducting/facilitating hiring blitzes
- Work with the HR team to assess when we should participate in creative recruitment including Prepare and conduct career fairs and networking events
- Develop effective on-boarding for new leaders in conjunction with the HR Business Partner’s
- Assist in the creation of new and improvements of existing interview tools
- Responsible for coaching and training of Recruitment Assistants
- University degree in Business, Human Resources or a relevant area of study
- Post-graduate diploma certificate in Human Resources Management and/or an equivalent combination of education and progressive experience
- Professional Human Resources Certification considered an asset
- 5 years’ recruitment related experience in complex fast paced unionized environment; health care experience preferred
- Strong understanding of relevant legislation and collective agreement language
- Well-developed analytical skills to determine and report on staffing patterns, turnover and replacement and time to hire statistics to help bolster effective staffing practices.
- Experience building relationships with both internal and external customers (hiring managers, candidates and employees)
- Demonstrated initiative and project management skills
- Demonstrated influencing skills and robust interviewing skills
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven talents with design and delivery of presentations
- Advanced computer skills (HRIS, Outlook, Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines
- Proven ability to act as a team player in a collaborative environment
The location and/or details in the job posting may change depending on operational needs.
Qualified Applicants must submit both an Internal Application/Transfer Form and current Résumé to the Human Resources Department at their campus. Qualifications, skills and demonstrated satisfactory attendance and performance are considered as part of the selection process.
Sunnybrook is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this on your Internal Application/Transfer Form.