Vice President Talent
We have been retained to hire a VP Talent, a newly created role for a publicly traded, well financed cannabis company located in downtown Toronto with 50 employees. There is a plant in western Ontario with approx. 500 employees. There is one direct report.
The company is a global diversified portfolio of distinct cannabis companies, products and brands. Since 2014, the Company has emerged as one of the world’s fastest-growing, premium plant driven-lifestyle companies. It is publicly traded in Toronto, US and Europe.
As a hands-on member of the senior leadership team, the VP Talent will contribute to the success of this rapidly growing business by being responsible for the company-wide management of human resources and employee relations. He/she will have a seat at the management table.
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills and experiences:
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of progressive human resources generalist experience including talent management, recruitment and retention, performance management, compensation & benefits administration, employee relations and employee engagement ideally from a highly regulated manufacturing industry;
- Minimum of five years of people leadership and successful team management experience;
- Start-up company experience ideally within a high-growth company is preferred;
- You are described as high energy, entrepreneurial hands-on, highly collaborative, action oriented with the strong ability to influence;
- Bachelor's degree in business/commerce or related field is required; and
- CHRP, CHRL or CHRE designation is an asset.
This is a wealth creation role where you can “make your mark” in leading and defining the human resources function in a brand-new global industry. Focus is on strategy, leadership, people and culture, business acumen. The senior management team is high energy, young, smart and results driven. The BOD is highly experienced and well respected. You will help build the culture and the brand to becoming one of the top 50 best companies to work for!
More searches like this
- Agriculture Talent Management / Workforce Planning Head, VP, Managing Director 151,000 - 170,000 jobs in Ontario
- Manufacturing Talent Management / Workforce Planning Head, VP, Managing Director 151,000 - 170,000 jobs in Ontario
- Consumer Package Goods Talent Management / Workforce Planning Head, VP, Managing Director 151,000 - 170,000 jobs in Ontario
- Wholesale / Distribution Talent Management / Workforce Planning Head, VP, Managing Director 151,000 - 170,000 jobs in Ontario