Human Resources & Payroll Administrator
The Corporation of the Town of Perth is currently accepting applications for a permanent, full-time Human Resources & Payroll Administrator.
Reporting to the Accountant/Deputy-Treasurer, the Human Resources & Payroll Administrator is responsible for all aspects of the administration of the bi-weekly payroll function, including processing payroll, reconciling accounts, filing monthly and annual returns and remittances to the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA), benefit providers, employee garnishee’s, responding to employee requests, and providing a supporting role with respect to compensation review, budget and collective bargaining. Provide administrative support to CAO`s (Human Resources) and the Treasury department.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Two (2) year college program diploma (minimum level of education required).
- Post-secondary education in human resources & accounting or payroll processing and/or completion of the Canadian Payroll Association’s payroll program or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in payroll processing preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess a Canadian Human Resources Program designation.
- Practical knowledge of collective agreements and legislation impacting payroll, taxes and benefit and pension plans.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Advanced computer skills in MS word, Excel and Great Plains are an asset.
- Provide front counter support to the General Public.
This position is placed on the “E” Panel (current hourly rate of $30.28 to $34.87). This is a 36.25 hour per week position. A complete job description is available upon request.
Applicants are invited to submit covering letters and resumes no later than June 7, 2019 at 12:00 noon to the attention of Ron Ladd, CAO, Corporation of the Town of Perth, 80 Gore Street East, Perth, Ontario, K7H 1H9 or via e-mail at email@example.com or may submit an application at www.perth.ca/townhall/employment.