Rich’s has been able to pull off something rare in the business world: a culture that successfully blends the latest business practices with family values. That means our associates are able to work for a great company while also benefiting from a work environment that fosters world class professionalism combined with family intimacy. Our benefit offerings are reflective of this unique blend of Life, Work and Family .
Are you a HR Professional with drive and determination to grow and advance in your career? Do you thrive on being in the midst of the action? If this is you, Rich Products is a stable family owned company with sales in 110 countries, a workplace with a great culture, and the potential for advancement. We are looking for someone who has the potential and ability to rapidly advance in our food manufacturing organization.
As a leader, innovator, someone willing to help their team get the job done, this position could be right for you. Have you asked yourself, what’s my next career move? Keep reading. This HR position in Fort Erie, Ontario is in a unionized food manufacturing plant with 275 associates. Fort Erie is a border town with Buffalo New York and offers a rare combination of small-town values and easy access to big city amenities and culture.
We are is in search of an experienced HR Generalist who will be responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise. He or she will assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of our organization by offering guidance on recruitment, performance management, employee relations and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and senior management.
Staffing and Selection:
- Work closely with HR Manager to determine staffing needs
- Manage hourly recruitment process from job requisitions through to interviewing and job offers
- Execute background check process
- Schedule and deliver orientation for new hires
- Participate in job fairs and recruiting events as required.
- Manage leave administration (e.g. Short-Term Disability)
- Act as a resource for fielding questions regarding benefits and pension.
- Manage the educational assistance program
- Serve as a resource for interpretation of the Collective Agreement
- Participate in the grievance process including documenting and tracking of grievance forms.
- Assist with Contract Negotiations
- Attend meetings and take minutes for the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Administer the WSIB program
- Maintain plant MSDS program
- Create and update Job Demand Analysis and position descriptions as required
- Support associate engagement activities throughout the year
- Coordinate Associate Engagement Survey as required.
- Strong computer skills including above average knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of HRIS Success Factors program would be an asset.
- Solid communication skills (verbal, written and listening).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with a minimum of 3 years of human resources experience.
- Preference would be given to a candidate familiar with working in a unionized food manufacturing environment.
- Attainment of, or working towards, CHRP designation
- Good knowledge of Employment Law including Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Ontario Labour Laws and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Rich Products provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Rich Products complies with applicable provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Please contact our HR department if you will require assistance with our recruiting process due to a disability.