Senior Human Resources Advisor or Human Resources Advisor
Reporting to the Human Resources Superintendent, the Senior Human Resources Advisor or Human Resources Advisor is responsible for providing a broad range of Human Resource (HR) services to all departments on site.
The ideal candidate will have passion, energy, and a strong team orientation. Ideally, the Human Resources Advisor candidate will have at least two years of experience, but if you feel you would be a strong contributor to Teck and have less than two years of experience, please feel free to apply and explain to us in a cover letter why you would be the best person for the job. We are also interested in meeting candidates with over eight years of experience for consideration as a Senior Human Resources Advisor.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support and assist operational departments as an integral part of the HR team in the rollout and administration of all HR programs
- Apply labour relations knowledge to solve issues arising in a unionized work environment
- Participate in talent development initiatives and training
- Coordinate recruitment and apprenticeship training programs as required by the site
- Provide guidance for salary and benefits
- University Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, or equivalent
- Minimum two years, related, Human Resources experience
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making abilities
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially in the Microsoft Office Suite®
- Ability to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
- Experience in, or working knowledge of, applicable employment and benefit laws and legislation
- Ability to travel to Teck’s different sites and offices
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information