HR Administrator- Payroll Specialist
HR Administrator- Payroll Specialist
6 Month Contract
The HR Administrator will support the Total Rewards team in maintaining accurate and timely processing of the bi-weekly payrolls for Canada, UK and Australia and related end to end payroll and benefits administration and reconciliation processes. A key component of the role requires the incumbent to perform a variety of processing functions that are under strict timelines and require attention to detail while maintaining customer service delivery that is second to none.
- Ensure all required documentation received is accurate and complete. The incumbent will need to apply knowledge of legislation and regulations to determine issues, problems, omissions and discrepancies
- Supporting the Payroll Administrator with the review of all payroll source documents and inputs (including but not limited to, weekly attendance, overtime, salary change authorizations, etc. to ensure employees are paid according to established policies, approvals, and contracts including the collective agreement pay grids) for the Canadian, Australian and UK payrolls
- Calculating and processing payroll changes and adjustments, as authorized, including pay deductions union dues, pension contributions, etc.
- Verifying all payroll and benefit changes as per standard operating procedures
- Filing and completing documentation related to payroll
- Reconciliation of all end to end pay and benefits reconciliation to ensure data integrity and compliance with established internal controls
- Participate in project teams that review and/or develop procedures; data investigation, problem solving and end user system concerns
- Monitor, audit and maintain compliance with Collective Bargaining Agreements as it relates to pay and benefits
- Assist with the timely completion of the year-end reconciliation of payroll accounts
- Maintain payroll records and assists in the maintenance of employee records
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma
- Minimum 5 years’ payroll experience
- 3-5 years benefits administration
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certified
- Excellent knowledge of payroll and benefits administration including relevant legislation (Employment Standards Act, Employment Insurance, Income Tax Act, etc.)
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Demonstrative discretion and good judgement in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify issues, improvements, and continuous improvement
- Previous training and experience of lean methodology an asset
- Works well with tight timelines and very process driven
- Experience working in both union and nonunion environments
- Experience in working with MS Office products with exemplary proficiency in Excel and Word and strong working knowledge of ADP or similar HRMS/payroll system
OPTrust is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please submit your application to email@example.com by June 14, 2019.
OPTrust is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise us should you require accommodation with the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Banking Payroll Clerk, Assistant, Coordinator jobs in Mississauga
- Business / Professional Services Payroll Clerk, Assistant, Coordinator jobs in Mississauga
- Finance, other than banking Payroll Clerk, Assistant, Coordinator jobs in Mississauga
- Pension Funds and Services Payroll Clerk, Assistant, Coordinator jobs in Mississauga