Human Resources Business Partner
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, fast-paced team? Are you an HR savvy professional who’s passionate about making a difference and driving change? If so, come join TRCA!
At TRCA, our commitment to the development of exceptional talent is unwavering. We offer a variety of opportunities that will challenge you to explore your potential and make a difference.
We are currently seeking an experienced HR Business Partner to provide leadership and support to assigned client groups. Responsibilities include providing guidance and strategic advice to the business units regarding: employee relations, HR policy, performance management, disability management, recruitment, compensation, learning and development, benefits administration, diversity and inclusion, and health and safety. The HR Business Partner builds relationships with assigned client groups, becoming a trusted advisor and a driver and facilitator of change. The HR Business Partner is accountable for providing guidance and direction to both management and employees of their respective divisional groups to ensure that programs and practices are in place that support the Authority’s objectives, and are cost effective and in compliance with all workplace legislation. This position will proactively support the delivery of HR processes, manage HR initiatives across divisions, and build a strong business relationship with internal clients. The HR Business Partner works closely with management to understand and address business issues, while leveraging opportunities to develop strategic HR initiatives.
- Leads the investigation process on applicable employee relations investigations and provides recommendations to the Manager, Human Resources.
- Implements an employee relations strategy that provides a framework for identifying and resolving employee relations and workplace conflict problems.
- Provides guidance to management relative to continually improving employee performance through the performance management program. This will be accomplished through training and the application of performance management tools.
- Provides project leadership for the design, development and delivery of training and learning initiatives for TRCA staff.
- Conducts on-boarding of new and returning employees; provide guidance to hiring manager on required hire documentation.
- Manages high volume full-cycle recruitment process while maintaining all TRCA policy and legal requirements, including: sourcing, pre-screening, drafting interview questions, interviewing, scoring, verifying references, administering testing and preparing offers for all TRCA positions.
- Assists in managing the Authority’s AODA and WHMIS program to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Liaises with third party disability management providers to refer and manage disability claims for absence or accommodation.
- Continuously strive to develop and execute process improvements across the HR function.
- Participate in special projects pertaining to HR programs or operational initiatives; these may include competency frameworks, culture initiatives, leadership development and training initiatives, engagement initiatives, operational process improvements, systems enhancements, etc.
- A university degree and/or college diploma in Human Resources or a relevant discipline with course work in the Human Resources field.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or Leader (CHRL) designation or in progress.
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) Designation an asset.
- Minimum five (5) years' progressive human resources experience required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Human Resources practices and principles, as well as all applicable labour, human rights, and health and safety legislation, including but not limited to, the Ontario Labour Relations Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act, and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Exposure to HR best practices, Organizational Change, Change Management, Performance Effectiveness, Training & Development.
- Strong business acumen to align both business objectives and HR strategies with corporate goals.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills, demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
- Adept at building and managing relationships effectively and be able to gain the confidence of business leaders quickly.
- The ability to multitask and project manage initiatives to completion.
- Strong consultative, customer service and oral communication skills to provide client oriented human resources policy/program advice and expertise to TRCA staff.
- Effective presentation and training skills to conduct/facilitate training/learning sessions for management and staff.
- Proficient in MS Office and a strong understanding of HRIS systems.
- Knowledge of Ceridian software considered an asset.
- Valid Ontario “G” Driver’s license.
To apply to this posting, please visit www.trca.ca, choose the posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-186-19HR prior to midnight on June 13, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or drivers abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
More searches like this
- Government and Public Sector Agencies / Commissions Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Vaughan
- Not-For-Profit Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Vaughan