Organizational Development Lead
POSITION TITLE: Organizational Development Lead (2-Year Contract)
BARGAINING UNIT: Non-Union
WORK LOCATION: 5160 Yonge Street, North York
POSTING DATE: May 29, 2019
CLOSING DATE: June 13, 2019 11:59 PM EST
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Accountable for providing specialized expertise, leadership, and advisory services on a range of organizational development programs and initiatives in support of overall Human Resources Department strategies, programs, policies and initiatives and commitment to customer service.
Additional duties will include:
- Provides leadership of the Organizational Development portfolio including development, implementation and oversight of a range of organizational development programs, services and initiatives aimed at fostering excellence in FRSA’s executives, management and staff and achieving FSRA’s strategic and business priorities.
- Acts as the FSRA Lead OD Consultant on an assigned portfolio of programs. services and initiatives in such areas as: leadership development, staff development and learning programs; talent management and succession planning; performance management; employee engagement; wellness strategy; diversity and inclusion; employee recognition and event coordination.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with FSRA executives, management and HR Business Partners to assess, evaluate and define OD requirements to meet business priorities on short and long term needs and to build capacity of both transitioning employees to a new organization and support the building of a new culture and the development of a new set of values.
- Creates and delivers a learning curriculum for FSRA staff and leaders.
- Develops leadership competencies for application to leadership development activities.
- Conducts the research, development and/or introduction of leading-edge OD best practices, tools, guidelines, resources to support critical change for a modern and flexible work environment, ensuring compliance with legislative authorities, FSRA HR policies and culture.
- Develops and/or adapts customized programs or recommends service provider services to meet Business Partners’ specialized business needs.
- Provides project leadership, coordination and/or participation in the planning, research and introduction of organizational development programs, services, policies and continuous improvement initiatives including mobilizing and leading team members from across HR and FSRA
- Leads/participates on internal Human Resources Committees and prepares presentations/briefings, as required for the Director or Chief Human Resources Officer for submission to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors.
- Works in collaboration with colleagues across Human Resources on department priorities for FSRA.
Education and Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Human Resources or related field.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in the provision of expertise and advice in organizational development to support strategic business requirements.
- Specialized experience in leading such organizational development programs or Initiatives as: leadership development, staff development and learning programs; talent management and succession planning; performance management; employee engagement; wellness strategy; diversity and inclusion; employee recognition and event coordination within an evolving organization and unionized environment.
- Specialized experience in leading change management and change leadership project initiatives.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and expertise in human resource theories, principles and best practices with a focus on organizational development.
- Knowledge and interpretative understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Occupational Health and Safety, Ontario Human Rights Code, WSIB, Employment Standards Act) and initiatives which impact on organizational development.
- Proven customer service and partnership skills and a committed team player.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.