HR Program Assistant
POSITION TITLE: HR Program Assistant
BARGAINING UNIT: Non-Union
WORK LOCATION: 5160 Yonge Street, North York
POSTING DATE: May 29, 2019
CLOSING DATE: June 13, 2019 11:59 PM EST
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Accountable for providing a range of program administrative and clerical services and support to Human Resources management and team members.
Additional duties will include:
- Provides program administration services and support to HR management and team in the delivery of a range of HR programs, services and initiatives.
- Makes all logistical arrangements for HR internal meetings, training sessions, events and project meetings with FSRA management including booking rooms, contacting all parties involved in meetings, and organizes the distribution of packages of all relevant materials prior to meetings, presentations, and events.
- Produces a variety of reports, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, and presentations using various computer applications (e.g. Word. database, spreadsheet, presentation) to support the work of the office.
- Provides assistance to the Senior HR Program Lead on projects related to the development and implementation of office administrative procedures, systems and practices within HR as required.
- Administers “bring forward” systems for the CHRO and management to track action items on project initiatives, programs and services
- Develops and maintains a variety of file, database management, and related administrative systems to log, track, maintain and report on a range of HR program and office administrative activities.
- Responds to general incoming calls to the HR Office, assesses nature and urgency and provides responses based on own knowledge of HR programs, refers inquiries regarding information, documentation and assistance to the appropriate HR team member.
- Provides general administrative support services including; updating contact and mailing lists; maintaining procedural manuals; monitoring/ordering stationery supplies; maintaining inventory/asset databases; operating photocopiers and fax machines; and maintaining office equipment.
Education and Experience
- High school graduation plus post-secondary diploma or training in administrative services.
- 3 – 4 years’ experience in providing a range of program administration and clerical services and support in a developing HR department with many competing priorities.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of, and skills in administrative processes and procedures.
- Computer proficiency in the use of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and proven attention to detail for the formatting and preparation of quality products.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and commitment to customer service.
- Proven initiative, flexibility and ability to both work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills