HUMAN RESOURCES ADVISOR
The Kativik Regional Government (KRG) is a supra-municipal organization with jurisdiction over the territory of Québec located north of the 55th parallel. The KRG is currently seeking to recruit an autonomous and professional individual to work, in the capacity of;
HUMAN RESOURCES ADVISOR
(Permanent Full time position)
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources the Human Resources (HR) Advisor is responsible for partnering with Department Directors and other management staff in order to assist and advise with all human resources aspects such as recruitment and onboarding of new employees, payroll, disciplinary and labor relations issues. The HR Advisor is also responsible for responding to employee inquiries on human resources issues. More specifically the HR Advisor will:
- Assist and advise all employees in matters related to human resources, the interpretation and application of collective agreements and management working conditions, policies and procedures;
- Manage the recruitment cycle including: Hiring Requisition Form (HRF), evaluating candidates as well as the onboarding of newly hired employees and follow up during the probation period;
- Maintain and update employees files and produce reports and statistics, as required;
- Manage all aspects of employee files such as: payroll, benefits, Pension Plan , Workmen’s compensation, unemployment insurance, etc.;
- Review and update job descriptions, proceed with job evaluation and assist and advise on issues related to pay equity as well as internal equity;
- Contribute to the negotiation of various collective agreements and individual agreements;
- Ensure all applicable laws and regulations are respected;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University degree in a related field (relevant work experience will also be considered);
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Recognized interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written as well as excellent planning, organizational and conflict resolution skills;
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Be able to communicate orally and in writing in two (2) of the following languages: English, French and Inuktitut.
Place of work: Kuujjuaq
Salary: As per the applicable management working conditions
Benefits: Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8 500/year
Food allowance: Minimum of $3 453/year
Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
Vacation: 30 days
Statutory Holidays: 19 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your resume before June 30, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq, Quebec, JOM 1CO
Fax: (819) 964-2975
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.