Peninsula Employment Services Limited (“Peninsula”) is a provider of external human resources solutions, including employment relations advice, health and safety advice and legal support, to small and medium-sized businesses located throughout Ontario. Peninsula is a division of Peninsula Business Services Limited, based in Manchester, England. Peninsula currently operates in the U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and most recently, Canada, and employs over 1,500 people globally. Peninsula opened its Canadian office in September 2017 and has quickly become one of the fastest growing companies in Ontario and Alberta.
The Role of Paralegal
This is a full-time position. In this role, you will be responsible for handling and managing claims before the Ontario Ministry of Labour and the WSIB in an effective, consistent and timely manner
Day-to-Day Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee, handle and manage Ministry of Labour and WSIB claims.
- Liaise with clients in order to gather all pertinent details of a claim to ensure that their matters are handled in a timely, appropriate and professional manner.
- Provide guidance to our HR Advice Team in relation to MOL and WSIB claims.
- Communicate with the Ministry of Labour, WSIB and other government agencies during the lifecycle of a claim.
- Monitor the progress of all existing claims and ensure that they are tracked.
- Develop, prepare and maintain accurate reports regarding the status of all claims.
- Must be a licenced paralegal with a valid P1 licence and a member in good standing of the Law Society of Ontario.
- Minimum of one (3) years of relevant experience handling claims before the MOL and the WSIB.
- Preferably, you will also hold the CHRP designation and be a member in good standing of the HRPA.
What you Bring to the Team
An enthusiasm for exceptional service delivery through interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
Must possess a strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and SharePoint. A good working knowledge of Salesforce would be an asset.
Detail oriented and an ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced and demanding environment with strong time management skills.
Ability to work independently as well as in a team
Energy, Commitment and Drive
A dynamic, flexible and enthusiastic approach, as well as the ability to work effectively under pressure. Must possess a “can-do” attitude, be self-motivated and use initiative.
Why Work for Peninsula?
Peninsula has been voted one of the best companies to work for two (2) years in a row by the Glassdoor Awards. Peninsula is a rapidly growing global company and intends to expand its operations to western Canada in 2019. Peninsula is a highly motivated enterprise that promotes an entrepreneurial culture.
Peninsula is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace where all employees are valued. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in our selection process.
More searches like this
- HR Consultant - Firm Workplace / Employment Law Professional 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Vaughan
- Insurance Workplace / Employment Law Professional 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Vaughan
- Legal Services Workplace / Employment Law Professional 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Vaughan
- Management Consulting Workplace / Employment Law Professional 51,000 - 70,000 jobs in Vaughan