Learning and Development Specialist (Trainer)
Learning and Development Specialist (Trainer)
We are currently looking for a Learning and Development Specialist (Trainer) to join our growing team in Etobicoke, ON. The Learning and Development Specialist (Trainer) is responsible for designing, developing and delivering remarkable learning experiences, with an initial focus on role specific training, to grow, excel and inspire our people. The individual will implement successful end to end learning solutions that are classroom, blended and online learning experiences to drive organizational performance and support business results. This role asks that you adapt and evolve to the needs of our business, analyze and respond to learners needs. The right person for this role will have a passion for learning and leading training and a desire to work with leaders to build a modern learning environment that supports the growth of our company and our employees and will have the persistence to implement Learning and Development best practices.
Manion is part of the Group Health Family of Companies so the successful candidate will communicate with other Learning and Development professionals for valuable feedback, development and career pathing.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure successful analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of classroom, blended and online learning experiences
- Work with stakeholders to conduct training needs analysis and identify root cause issues
- Partner with subject matter experts and end users to design and develop course content for training
- Design course learning objectives and develop job specific training curriculums
- Create experiential and social learning activities
- Design and develop assessments, evaluations and sustainment plans for learning programs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices with current and most effective learning development approaches and strategies
- Ensure highest level of quality of training is delivered
- Facilitate the on-boarding and training of new hires
- Facilitate the ongoing role development of existing employees
- Develop and deliver training solutions that align with HR, learning and business strategies
- Support tracking and reporting on course participation & progress through the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Coordinates and schedules training sessions as required
- Additional duties as required
The Right Fit
We want to find the right fit for our team. We want someone who exhibits passion and excitement for their work and goes above and beyond to do whatever it takes to get the job done. You’ll be a perfect fit if you have:
- Job Knowledge & Professional Development. Have a complete understanding of the role and are performing the role to its entirety. Act without being told what to do. Continuous focus on expanding knowledge of the role and of the Company as a whole.
- Team Mindset. Reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish an overall positive and collaborative working relationship. Lend a helping hand whenever it is needed.
- A Positive Attitude. Our team is a positive, supportive group. When work is challenging, you’ll face it with optimism.
- Organization & Planning. Plan, organize, and schedule in an efficient, productive manner. Focus on key priorities. Able to stay on track and meet deadlines. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Curiosity & Innovation. Generate new and innovative approaches to problems. Ask questions and respectfully challenge current processes. Bring new ideas to the Company and strive for continual improvement of your daily operations and/or work activities.
- Ability to Deliver the WOW! Factor. You expect personal performance to be nothing short of the best. You exhibit passion and excitement for your work and have a positive can-do attitude. You take ownership of the role and go above and beyond whatever it takes to get the job done!
Working @ Manion
This is a full-time, permanent position. In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging and stimulating work environment, we also offer competitive benefits, pension and group RRSP plans, and access to Goodlife Fitness at the discounted corporate rate. Our office is surrounded by amenities and you’ll have free parking in our underground parking lot.
We don’t have a lot of turnover at Manion, and there are good reasons for that. We take care of our people, offering competitive salary and benefits, and our work is meaningful, connecting people to healthier lives. The biggest reason we love coming to work is that we love working together. That’s why finding the right fit is so important to us.
This is a fun, vibrant community to work in every day. We know each other by name, our social committee helps us celebrate achievements and mark life events and our wellness committee facilitates fitness activities.
- Post-secondary Degree in Adult Learning;
- Certified Training and Development Professional or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing learning & development courses and programs
- Demonstrates and applies a deep understanding and proficiency of educational models and theories, including instructional design and adult learning theory
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated proficiency in one or more of the following software tools: Articulate Storyline, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and related SCORM compliant production tools
- Experience with curriculum design
- Experience with creating storyboards
- Extensive hands on instructional design methodology experience
- Extensive experience with blended learning solutions (e-learning tools, on-line learning, web-based learning)
- Excellent experience in the design and delivery of Instructor Led Training and Cognitive-Based Training
- Experience working with an LMS
- Experience facilitating design workshops and focus group sessions
- Demonstrated effective collaboration with SMEs and business partners
- Experience designing training content for a wide-ranging group across all areas of a business
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships across diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and manage priorities
- Outstanding experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written, listening and verbal communication skills
More searches like this
- Business / Professional Services Learning & Development Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Ontario
- Insurance Learning & Development Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Ontario
- Pension Funds and Services Learning & Development Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Ontario