Manager of Human Resources
Manager of Human Resources
Are you a results-oriented and strategically focused leader with a track record of progressive human resources management in a highly unionized environment? If so, here’s an opportunity to advance your career by joining the Peel District School Board’s Human Resources Support Services team.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Human Resources Operations, you’ll jointly manage and support a team of Human Resources staff in the delivery of efficient, effective employee relations services in a complex, high-volume environment, including day-to-day supervision of team activities. As an HR Manager, you’ll be responsible for employee and labour relations for specific client groups, as well as recruitment, selection and staffing, wage and salary administration, leaves and contract administration, and the management of personnel files. You’ll also manage the integrity of the compensation and job evaluation programs, including the planning and implementation of all related projects.
Your deep knowledge of all things HR will be evident as you provide professional expertise, direction and guidance to the Board concerning all employee relations matters for our business and academic areas of human resources, day-to-day administration and interpretation of collective agreements, and direction on performance management and progressive discipline matters.
An excellent communicator with a sensitive, professional approach to issues management, you’ll attend and/or chair labour management/union meetings, work with Managers overseeing recruitment and staffing processes, and work alongside Senior Management in developing, reviewing and monitoring budgets, including expenditure review and authorization. This collaborative role will also see you liaising with Superintendents, Principals, Managers, Supervisors and employees on employee relations and other HR matters, and developing and implementing quality and service initiatives.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
With a post-secondary education in Industrial Relations, Labour Relations or Human Resources Management, or equivalent related education and directly related experience, you have a solid foundation for success as a Human Resources Manager. This is also an opportunity to draw upon the following strengths:
- CHRP/CHRL or Human Resources Certificate or equivalent related professional designation (an asset)
- At least 7 years’ experience in progressively more responsible positions in Human Resources within a highly unionized environment, with specialization in the area of Labour and Employee Relations
- Comprehensive knowledge of collective agreements, recruitment and selection, employee and labour relations (including the grievance process), staffing processes, progressive discipline and human resources practices and processes, school board policies and procedures, and employment-related law, including an excellent understanding of pay equity legislation
- Experience in the development, use and maintenance of job evaluation processes utilizing a point factor evaluation system
- Results orientation and strategic thinking skills, with the ability to negotiate and manage complex and confidential issues with extreme sensitivity and professionalism
- A thorough knowledge of human resources practices and programs, labour relations, and employment law
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to effectively handle a large number of issues simultaneously
- Experience with budget management and project management
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite
- Ability to work effectively as both a team leader and a member of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
SALARY: $99,998 – $124,999 per annum
To apply for the position of Human Resources Manager, please complete an online application through https://www.applytoeducation.com. Your completed application package on Apply to Education must include your cover letter, resume and supporting educational credentials. Applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, June 19, 2019.
The Peel District School Board is one of the largest school boards in Canada, with more than 153,000 students in 253 schools.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing selected candidates. For the safety of students, all school board staff need to provide a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment.
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We will provide reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance.