Human Resources Partner
Human Resources Partner
If you’re a progressive Human Resources leader with demonstrated initiative and decision-making skills, looking for an opportunity to advance your career, consider joining the Peel District School Board (PDSB) Human Resources Support Services team.
Reporting to the Senior Partner of Employee Relations, you’ll provide a wide variety of Human Resources generalist services for an assigned portfolio, while acting as an employee, management and union engagement champion for the Board’s Human Resources Support Services system. Conversant with HR practices and processes, and employment-related legislation, you’re ready to act as primary customer service contact for employees and management stakeholders for all collective agreement administration inquiries, labour relations, seniority, wage and salary administration, as well as employee documentation.
More specifically, as a Human Resources Partner, you’ll advise, guide and counsel Superintendents, Principals, Managers, Supervisors and employees on day-to-day matters in the above areas for the client groups within your portfolio, investigating and researching any complex issues to ensure that you provide the best advice, in the best interest of the Board. An effective leader and excellent communicator, you’re equipped to prepare, and present at, various workshops pertaining to your client group, supervise and direct assigned team activities, and attend and/or participate as a resource in step 1/2, and occasionally step 3, grievance meetings, or prepare the necessary materials or background information.
Your ability to deal tactfully and discreetly with both internal and external clients will be evident as you advise and guide employees on issues that may be very sensitive and emotionally charged. It will be your responsibility to ensure that the business guidance you offer is compliant with all applicable legislation, policies, procedures and collective agreements.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
With a degree or post-secondary diploma related to Human Resources or equivalent related education, and 3 years’ progressive human resources experience in a supervisory capacity, as well as 3 to 5 years’ related experience in progressively responsible positions in Employee Relations, you have a solid foundation for success in this key role. As a Human Resources Partner, you’ll also put the following to work:
- CHRP/CHRL or Human Resources Certificate or equivalent related professional designation (an asset).
- Comprehensive knowledge of collective agreements, human resources practices and processes, School Board Policies and Procedures and employment-related law.
- Knowledge of Ontario College of Teachers, Basic and Additional Qualifications, Ministry of Education, Education Act, Regulation 274, Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Freedom of Information Act, and Pay Equity.
- Ability to exercise considerable independent judgment, tact and sensitivity with confidentiality and discretion in dealing with internal and external clients.
- Experience in job evaluation, utilizing a point factor evaluation system, an asset.
- Knowledge of Payroll and Benefit processes, an asset.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, written and verbal communication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving and decision-making skills and ability to foster change.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated effective leadership, coordination, organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to meet timelines.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), HRIS VISTA, Future Org, Crystal Reports, QuikView, PJP (Peel Job Postings), SharePoint, EasyConnect, and Apply to Education.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
- Ability to work a flexible work week during peak workload periods.
SALARY: $73,673 - $92,093 per annum
To apply for the position of Human Resources Partner, please complete an online application through https://www.applytoeducation.com. Your completed application package on Apply to Education must include your cover letter, resume and supporting educational credentials. Applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, June 19, 2019.
The Peel District School Board is one of the largest school boards in Canada, with more than 153,000 students in 253 schools.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing selected candidates. For the safety of students, all school board staff need to provide a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment.
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We will provide reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance.