Reporting into the Director, Total Rewards and HR Analytics, the Compensation Consultant will play an integral part of the team with responsibility for the day-to-day salary administration, including maintaining up-to-date compensation data, reporting, and overall support to various stakeholders on compensation decisions.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties Include:
Broad-based Compensation Administration
Act as first point of contact for compensation-related inquiries and requests and consult with HR Business Partners and managers to understand their needs and provide guidance on sound compensation.
- Recommend salary surveys and participate as required
- Conduct analysis to assess market competitiveness and internal equity
- Provide training to managers on the Incentive Compensation plan design and administration practices
- Provide training for employees on Chemtrade’s salary administration program.
- Work with managers and recruiters to maintain updated job descriptions
- Conduct job evaluations as needed
- Work with external consultants and internal partners to ensure we are compliant with pay equity legislation.
Annual Compensation Cycle
Lead overall execution of the annual compensation cycle process. Analyze needs and implement process changes. Prepare project plans and collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to deliver against those plans.
- Oversee processes for determining and calculating: (1) salary increases and incentive compensation for salaried employees, (2) rate increases for non-union hourly employees, and (3) scorecard bonus payouts for operations employees.
- Prepare and deliver communications and training for managers.
- Provide guidance to managers on compensation decisions during the open cycle.
- Prepare summary reports for presentation to the CEO
Unit Purchase Plan Administration
Act as first point of contact with third party plan administrator.
- Prepare employee communications and respond to employee inquiries as they relate to the Unit Purchase Plan.
- Work in conjunction with the HRIS Analyst to ensure accurate and timely data flow with the third party plan administrator.
Executive Compensation and Pension Support
Support preparation of the Compensation Discussion and Analysis section of the company’s annual Management Information Circular.
- Support administration of the Long Term Incentive Plan, including the preparation of letters to employees and the calculation of payout amounts.
- Works closely with the Manager of Pension and Benefits to support pension administration by preparing earnings reports and processing invoices as required.
- Prepare quarterly Incentive Compensation accruals for finance.
- Act as the SME/Business Analyst for all compensation elements as it relates to setup in Ultipro. Work in conjunction with the HRIS Analyst to ensure Ultipro setup is accurate. Assist HRIS Analyst in conducting proper tests.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in business, mathematics, or science.
- 3 to 5 years of previous experience in either a publicly traded company or in a consulting environment.
- Currently working towards the CCP designation will be considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude in analyzing data and summarizing/presenting results.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, especially strong with Excel
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Impact, Growth, and Diversity
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. As a company that has grown and continues to grow by acquisition, we offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities to make a real impact. Our vision to be a Great Chemical Company is supported through our EPIC values (Excellence in Operations, People First, Integrity and Customers) and our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees, and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction between employees within and throughout our 70+ locations. We expect all employees to treat each other with dignity and respect. Safety is at the core of our culture and something that we never compromise on.
At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. We offer an exciting rewards program CHEErs! for employee recognition, referrals and milestones. In addition we offer learning and development opportunities through our Chemtrade University.
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. With over 1.6B in Sales, we pride ourselves on our 4 core strategies of Strategic Growth, Operational Excellence, Financial Prudence and our Diverse Business Model, all while maintaining quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care®.
With Headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations across North America and Brazil, Chemtrade operates a diversified business providing industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partners to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries.
Our success in this global industry is the result of our drive to meet the needs of our customers and is deeply rooted in the talents of our employees and the communities where we operate.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.