Organizational Development & Learning Consultant
Applications are invited for the Organizational Development and Learning Consultant (ODLC) position in the Human Resources Department at Niagara College, located at the Welland Campus.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Centre for Professional and Organizational Development, the Organizational Development and Learning Consultant is responsible for instituting organizational development and learning initiatives that are aligned with the College’s strategic priorities and meet the needs of the College’s teams. The incumbent provides consultation and support for organizational change and effectiveness.
The ODLC will provide support for employee learning, succession planning, leadership development, and engagement initiatives. The incumbent will use best practices; manage projects; design curriculum; analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of initiatives; deliver training; and provide facilitation.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide organizational development consultation and program creation/management for the College in employee orientation, employee learning, leadership development, engagement, recognition, organizational culture, talent management and succession planning
- In consultation with Deans, Directors and HR Consultants, provide strategies and recommendations regarding organizational development, change and transition management, team culture, and team effectiveness
- Conduct organizational and team reviews using qualitative and quantitative approaches
- Assess group and interpersonal dynamics to build team effectiveness
- Act as a process consultant, facilitator, coach or trainer as appropriate in support of organizational and learning initiatives
- Conduct learning needs assessments, translate assessed needs into learning objectives and source and/or design, implement and facilitate training and development programs including creation of materials
- Ensure legislative, collective agreement, policy and best practice compliance within training programs, conduct evaluation of initiatives and programs and adjusts as necessary
Required qualifications include:
- A four (4) year degree in Human Resources, Business and/or Public Administration, Labour Relations, Psychology, Adult Education, or a related field
- Designation required in at least one of the following: Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP), Certified HR Leader (CHRL), Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
- Formal training or certification in organizational development, change management, coaching and curriculum design and development
- Certification in team and personal development assessments/inventories strongly preferred e.g. MBTI, SDI, DISC, CSI
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience preferably in an educational or not-for-profit environment
- Experience working in a large complex organization and experience in a unionized setting preferred
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of organizational development, change management, employee engagement, and organizational design
- Demonstrated experience in researching, designing and developing and delivering learning and engagement programs and initiatives
- Experience in establishing/maintaining effective relationships and presenting to all levels of staff including executives