HR Business Partner
ArcelorMittal Dofasco - Human Resources
HR Business Partner
(18-month Contract Position)
The HR Business Partner / HR Field Manager function provides strategic HR solutions for the entire organization. Through developing and maintaining effective working relationships, the HR Field Manager works in a consultative capacity at all levels of the company (corporate, divisional, Business Unit/Department, sub-unit, and individual) with the objective of maximizing results for employees, customers, and shareholders.
- Develop and implement innovative Human Resources (HR) solutions for their business sector to address critical business needs and emerging strategic requirements.
- Act as an integral part of the business sector management team by developing effective working relationships and influencing the management team in the delivery of their people plans in support of the achievement of the business area’s and HR’s strategies.
- Engage and contract with central HR to ensure business demand and requirements (cost, quality, speed) for HR services are met.
- Ensure HR processes and policies are effectively implemented in their business sector and provide client feedback to process owners.
- Identify critical business needs and emerging strategic requirements including HR risk elements and ensure development and implementation of HR solutions and risk mitigation plans.
- Provide the strategic HR interface to business area leaders up to the Executive level, through the delivery of high quality guidance and support in developing and progressing people management solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Lead the development and approval of 5-year Workforce Plans which includes initiating the workforce planning cycle, compiling business unit data, building the plan in the database, developing staffing strategies to close gaps and ensuring approval on the plan from senior management.
- Manage Total Cost of Employment (TCOE) which includes analyze monthly TCOE data, provide input into the monthly scorecard and facilitate TCOE recovery plan with the business.
- Champion all HR process, policies and values of the organization such as Performance Management, Compensation, Disability Management, Succession, Development, etc.
- Provide leadership coaching to leaders, including employee engagement and HR process execution.
- Provide an employee voice channel, as required, as alternate to formal leadership structure.
Education & Accreditation:
- Minimum University Degree (e.g., Commerce, Business, HR, Engineering)
- 7+ years of job-related experience is required (specifically in business partnering, workforce planning, change management, succession planning, compensation and employee relations)
- Canadian Human Resources Professional (CHRP) certification is an asset
Skills & Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of Business Planning, Workforce Planning and Succession Planning processes.
- Advanced knowledge of HR strategy, processes, methods and systems.
- Intermediate level of organizational and behavioural theory, understanding of organization development concepts, processes and tools.
- Intermediate level of HR legislation knowledge.
- Ability to manage in ambiguity.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills.
- Knowledge or experience with SAP would be an asset.