Proposal to conduct staff compensation review
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Consulting services to conduct staff compensation review
IFEX is seeking proposals from consultants with extensive knowledge and experience of pay and compensation package review to review the compensation we provide to staff by position and pay band, and if necessary, recommend changes to our policies. A strong proposed review process will consider both quantitative market information from surveys such as Charity village, and a small number of qualitative interviews with comparable nonprofit peer organizations.
IFEX is an international network of over 100 organizations around the world dedicated to defending and promoting the right to freedom of expression. IFEX’s secretariat is based in Toronto, Canada, and has 18 full time employees, 3 of whom are based outside Toronto. Our currently active positions fall into 6 pay bands across 11 job descriptions. The last formal review of this nature was completed in 2015, with small adjustments to policy and benefits since.
The goal of this exercise is to ensure that:
- The organisation is in compliance with all relevant Canadian labour laws;
- IFEX continues to be a competitive employer within the non-profit sector in order to support the retention of staff;
- Any changes to compensation are within the means of IFEX’s budget and funding possibilities.
SCOPE OF WORK
The proposed scope of the work must include the following:
- A review and evaluation of IFEX’s current job descriptions, competencies and responsibilities;
- Assessing the competitiveness of IFEX’s compensation package including salaries, benefits, time off, annual increase policy, and savings contributions, to market and peers;
- Feedback on IFEX’s approach to defining peer organisations for this review;
- Presentation of a written report that includes all consultant findings, and any recommended changes;
- Meeting with the IFEX personnel committee to present findings and answer questions as needed.
Interested consultants must submit the following:
- Consultant resume;
- Description of relevant experience;
- Consultant’s approach to the project;
- Estimate of number of days required for the project’s scope and their daily rate.
The review will be conducted in June and July 2019.
IFEX ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
IFEX will provide the following support to the compensation review process:
- Organizational charts;
- Position descriptions and other relevant information for our 11 roles;
- Charity Village’s full 2019 salary review & benefits report for Toronto;
- Limited referral to peer organization we have relationships with who may be appropriate comparisons;
- Regular contact with point person at IFEX to clarify questions about procedures and policies and act as a liaison with the consultant.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the contract is awarded. Any questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- HR Consultant - Firm Rewards / Compensation Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 31,000 - 50,000 jobs in Ontario
- HR Consultant - Independent Rewards / Compensation Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 31,000 - 50,000 jobs in Ontario