Human Resources Coordinator
Reporting to the Sr. Human Resources Business Partner (Sr. HRBP), is responsible for providing administrative and general HR support to the Business Partnerships & Strategic Programs (BPSP) division including addressing routine employee inquires; inputting, managing and maintaining electronic and hard-copy files; scheduling grievance, arbitration, labour management and team meetings; providing daily calendar maintenance on behalf of the Head, BPSP; preparing correspondence, reports, presentations, and communication materials; processing, monitoring and tracking financial expenditures; and coordinating information requests and departmental reports in accordance with Regional customer service standards.
- Provides administrative support to the BPSP division including drafting correspondence as required, maintaining the HR contact list for the division, and addressing routine employee inquiries and/or redirecting staff to appropriate contacts.
- Arranges and coordinates meetings, including daily calendar maintenance for the Head, BPSP, arranges and coordinates all BPSP team meetings (both on and off site), prepares and distributes agendas, ensures that facilities are booked, and confirms attendance.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, assists with creation of presentations and communication materials, and researching and compiling background information and/or materials as required for the Head, BPSP.
- Monitors, tracks and provides reporting support on staff attendance.
- Coordinates and distributes reports to departments including training compliance, sick usage, vacation, and other reports as required.
- Maintains and creates various reports, spreadsheets etc., for management including financial expenses report as per the annual budget.
- Monitors Division budget on a monthly basis and identifies any serious variances needing attention.
- Processes and records personal expenditures, mileage claims, Visa purchasing card activities, costs associated with training and development, courses/conferences, and payment of arbitrator fees on behalf of the division.
- Acts as a liaison and assists with human resource issues as delegated and appropriate.
- Responds to inquiries for the BPSP team and when appropriate escalates to the appropriate individual.
- Identifies best practices and procedures in office administration and programs and implements changes.
- Provides set up and orientation for on-boarding new staff, as required.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Human Resources, Business/Public Administration or related discipline or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a human resources operation including progressively responsible administrative experience.
- General knowledge of relevant Employment and Human Services legislation, acts and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of a unionized work environment.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in core competencies including customer service, teamwork, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.