The Executive Director is responsible for delivering first-class strategic leadership and administration of the Ontario Municipal Human Resources Association (OMHRA).
Delivering on the strategic vision of the Board, the Executive Director has overall accountability for managing the effectiveness of OMHRA's service delivery to its members and stakeholders. The Executive Director oversees the functional areas of administration, financial management, maintaining of intergovernmental relations, operational planning and any deliverables related to the strategic plan, developing and maintaining OMHRA's profile.
1. Board Governance
- Working with the Board of Directors, ensures the mandate of the association and strategic goals are met
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
2. Financial Performance and Viability
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of OMHRA, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial conditions of the association
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position
- Responsible for developing and implementing a marketing plan, retention plan, value proposition and policies to increase the number of members, sponsors and partnerships with OMHRA
3. Association Strategic Direction
- Responsible for the implementation of programs, workshops, and conferences that carry out OMHRA's strategic direction
- Responsible for the enhancement of OMHRA's profile by participating in outreach programs and working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations
4. Association Operations
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the Association
- Communicate with stakeholders of OMHRA's work and recommend and implement changes to enhance the services provided to OMHRA's members
- Responsible for ensuring the Association is compliant with all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Public Administration or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years or more related experience in a senior management position at a non-profit, government or public service organization
- Strong fiscal management skills, including budget preparation, and analysis, along with the ability to make financial recommendations to the Board of Directors
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan and implement policies and programs aligned with the strategic objectives of the Association
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of current issues, legislation and changes that affect the Association and its membership
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and stakeholder relations unique to the non-profit sector
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to build strong, meaningful relationship with the Board of Directors and contracted third parties.
The position will be filled through a contract for consulting services with a compensation range of $82,000 to $100,000.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this position is 4:00 p.m. Friday, June 28, 2019.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Business / Professional Services Organizational Effectiveness / Culture Professional 91,000 - 110,000 jobs in Ontario
- HR Consultant - Independent Organizational Effectiveness / Culture Professional 91,000 - 110,000 jobs in Ontario
- Not-For-Profit Organizational Effectiveness / Culture Professional 91,000 - 110,000 jobs in Ontario