Human Resources Generalist
The Magnotta Experience is Like No Other.
Imagine a work environment surrounded by world-class wines, hand-crafted beers and spirits, a 25-year trailblazing history and great people. You will enjoy a relaxed, open-door environment where ideas can be easily shared within a workplace that inspires enthusiasm, excellence and leadership. And as Ontario's third largest winery, Magnotta offers rewarding opportunities for career development, advancement and continuous learning.
Philanthropy has also been at Magnotta's core from the start. Passionate about healthcare, Magnotta has been a long-time supporter of Toronto hospitals, foundations and charitable organizations. Today it is heavily involved with the G. Magnotta Foundation, a non-profit organization exclusively focused on funding Canada's first research centre for vector-borne diseases including Lyme Disease to advance testing and treatment in Canada.
If you would like to join a team of long-tenured employees who are proud to be part of a unique Canadian success story and committed to corporate social responsibility, we have the following opportunity at our head office.
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Magnotta currently seeks a seasoned generalist who possesses a passion for human resources and departmental support to join our Vaughan, Ontario team. As Human Resources Generalist you will be responsible for all support relating to recruitment, employee relations, case management, payroll and benefits, health and safety and employee data management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Administrative functions relating to payroll and the benefits program
- Regularly coaching managers on employee related matters and employment issues
- Overseeing the maintenance of the Company health and safety program, ie. On-line H&S training, Monthly Inspections, Joint Health & Safety Committee, first aid certification and policies and procedures
- Reporting employee injuries to the WSIB; drafting modified duties letters and case management
- All facets within the recruitment process from posting to onboarding
- Assisting managers and employees with interpretation of Company policies and procedures and in resolving minor employee relations matters
- Maintenance of all Company job descriptions and organizational charts
- Responsible for the development of the monthly HR newsletters
- Oversee the employee birthday program
- Assist in any HR related projects
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Human Resource Management
- 5 years experience in an administrative/generalist capacity, preferably in a retail and/or manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of ADP system is an asset
- Knowledge of Visio is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and the public
- Ability to problem solve and make sound decisions
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of ESA, WSIB, OHSA, Ontario Human Rights Code and case law
- Ability to keep confidences and maintain sensitive information
- Ability to communicate professionally at times of high stress
- Superior work organization and time management skills
- Flexible to undertake non-routine tasks
- Team player
Magnotta is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation throughout the recruitment process is available upon request.