Pension & Benefits Specialist
3 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Human Resources Generalist, the Pension & Benefits Specialist plays a key role in the Human Resource Services department by providing specialized expertise and support for the lifecycle administration of pension and benefits for all employee groups.
The Pension & Benefits Specialist is responsible for:
- Administration of plan configuration, remittances and reconciliation, enrolments and terminations.
- Monitoring and coordinating College retirements in accordance with policies and legislation.
- Providing guidance to employees on benefits and pension in relation to Sun Life and CAAT Pension Policies, Collective Agreements, Terms and Conditions of Employment, internal policies and practices, and government regulations.
- Providing information and assistance to all employees regarding Human Resource Services policies, programs, and practices related to benefits and pension, STD and LTD, vacation entitlements, maternity/parental leave, and other leaves of absence.
- Coordinating accommodation and return to work, WSIB, and the attendance management program.
- Provide backup to the Payroll Specialist as required.
A detailed job description for this position is available from Human Resource Services.
- A three-year Community College Diploma (or equivalent) in such disciplines as Business Administration, Human Resources, or Accounting.
- Seven years of related experience with excellent knowledge of pension and benefit legislation.
- Sound knowledge of payroll/accounting principles and practices, is an asset.
- A combination of education and related experience may be considered.
- C.E.B.S. (Certified Employee Benefit Specialist) designation is an asset.
- Advanced computer and database maintenance skills and experience.
- This position requires strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Successful candidate may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Preference will be given to qualified full-time employees within the bargaining unit at Northern College.