Corporate Recruiter (8 month contract)
HomeEquity Bank is the only national provider of reverse mortgages to homeowners aged 55 and over, Canada’s fastest growing demographic segment. HomeEquity Bank originates and administers Canada’s largest portfolio of reverse mortgages under the CHIP Home Income Plan™ brand. New mortgages are originated on a direct to consumer basis as well as through referral arrangements with the six largest banks, leading mortgage brokers and financial planning firms. HomeEquity Bank has been the main underwriter of reverse mortgages in Canada since its predecessor; Canadian Home Income Plan Corporation pioneered the concept in 1986.
HomeEquity Bank has a highly effective direct-to-consumer distribution model (B2C), as well as an established referral network (B2B), including Canada’s major banks, credit unions, financial planners and mortgage brokers.
HomeEquity Bank is exceptionally well positioned for further growth for a number of very important reasons: 1) positive demographic trends in the 55 years old and over segment, 2) wider awareness and growing demand of reverse mortgages in the market, 3) significant barriers to entry for competitors, and 4) HomeEquity Bank’s firm position as market leader.
The In-house Corporate Recruiter will work in tandem with the Human Resources team, under the guidance of the Director, Human Resources and will be responsible for providing support to organization for a broad spectrum of recruitment services including applicant sourcing, screening, recruitment and selection processes, interview questions and scoring; conducting behavioural based interviews, applicant testing procedures, and preparing internal and external job postings; assisting the HR Team with related Recruitment metrics and key performance indicators, projects and deliverables for client departments. This role has accountability for a large amount of hiring for our Sales organization so previous experience hiring for Sales channels is required.
MAJOR ELEMENTS OF THE ROLE
In partnership with members of the Human Resources Department, the Corporate Recruiter will take the lead role in HomeEquity Bank’s talent acquisition strategy and efforts to staff the operations with high caliber professionals who have the right skills for their roles and fit the organizational culture.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on matters regarding recruitment process, candidate markets, and competitive intelligence.
- Delivers cost effective recruitment strategies that ensure the organization’s ability to proactively identify and recruit top talent without being dependent on external agencies.
- Develops standardized recruitment processes, interview guides and assessments as required.
- Advances the overall hiring strategy by cultivating partnerships with temporary placement or search firms, educational institutions in order to establish preferred arrangements.
- Manages hiring strategies by building partnerships with educational institutions, participating in career fairs and conducting the ongoing recruitment process for co-op positions.
- Builds a strong pipeline of talent through company branding and active use of social media, employee referrals, increased participation in networking events and other creative strategies.
- Gathers a thorough understanding of business needs to create the appropriate talent pipelines needed to meet the demand for acquiring top talent as per business requirements.
Interview and Selection
- Conducts interviews with candidates to effectively identify skills, experience and potential and make recommendations to management accordingly. This includes actively participating and overseeing full cycle recruitment needs for positions at all levels across the organization including:
- Developing internal and external job postings.
- Screening candidates (resume, telephone screening and in person interviews) to assess for core competencies to job requirements and HomeEquity Bank culture.
- Coordinate the selection process including interviews and third-party checks
- Liaises with third party vendors to ensure effective and timely completion of background checks.
- Coordinate background checks and the preparation of the offer of employment.
- Facilitates the final decision and present the offer to the candidate. Work with the hiring manager in preparation for the employee’s arrival and orientation to the business.
- Manages external partnerships with recruitment agencies and consultants.
- Follow up and provide feedback in a timely manner to create a positive candidate experience.
- Maintains a superior level of client services to all employees and business partners.
- Tracks all recruitment activity, costs and expenses for all job requisitions.
- Maintains benchmarks and analyze recruitment metrics and work with Human Resources to consolidate into overall HR and KPI reporting.
- Advances recruitment analytics to better predict the quality of hires, employee productivity and job fit.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on local job market trends and competitive compensation.
Human Resources Projects and Initiatives
- Collaborates and supports the HR team on special projects and research initiatives as required.
- Participates as a member of the larger HR team in pursuing assigned and relevant HR accountabilities and projects
- Performs other duties as assigned, including assistance with HR team projects.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Successful completion of a University Degree or Community College Diploma in Human Resources, Business/Public Administration or related discipline and Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation in progress or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five to seven (5-7) years of experience in a Human Resources department including specific previous experience in recruitment and selection processes and procedures is desired. Previous agency recruitment experience may be helpful as this is a high-volume recruitment role. Minimum 5 years full-cycle recruitment experience within a small to medium size company with a best practice approach to staffing and recruitment is desired.
- Demonstrated experience in behavioural interviewing techniques and sourcing and selecting top talent in a competitive marketplace is desired. This includes demonstrated success in recruiting hard to find resources and experience working with social media, Boolean searches, innovative resources and online tools for sourcing candidates.
- We are presently implementing the Recruit Module for the Dayforce Human Capital Management System. Previous experience with Dayforce Recruit Module would be highly beneficial.
- Knowledge of relevant Employment and Human Services legislation, acts and regulations as well as employee and labour relations trends and issues is required. An HR Generalist background would be a definite asset.
- Understanding of cultural diversity as it relates to employment process and business needs of a federally regulated employer.
- Demonstrated core competency in areas such as customer service, teamwork, initiative, self-management and personal accountability, as well as flexibility and adaptability will serve our candidate well. Strong interpersonal, organizational, negotiation, presentation and communication skills are desirable.
- Scheduling flexibility to work outside of regular business hours in order to accommodate candidate availability for interviews as required.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications.
- Previous experience in the Mortgage or Banking industries is ideal. A solid understanding and ability to assess business development expertise, technology, underwriting and call centre skills in candidates is important.
- Ability to converse in French would be helpful.
Individuals must comply with the Bank’s AML, Fraud and Privacy Policies and procedures and be vigilant in the detection and prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud and the safeguard of all client information.
HomeEquity Bank complies with the Employment Equity Act. Our Employment Equity program is intended to help ensure that all Canadians have the same access to the labour market and to ensure the full representation of members of the four designated groups which include: Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginal People and Persons with Disabilities.
If you would like more information on the HomeEquity Bank please visit: www.homequitybank.ca. If you'd like to find out more about the CHIP Home Income Plan solution, please visit www.chip.ca.
If you are interested in exploring this exciting opportunity with HomeEquity Bank please forward your resume and salary expectations in confidence via email: email@example.com.
We regret to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
More searches like this
- Banking Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Toronto
- HR Consultant - Independent Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Toronto
- Recruitment and Staffing Recruiting / Acquisition / Staffing Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Toronto