Board Member - Volunteer
WHO WE ARE
Meta Centre is a community-based, charity that provides services and supports for the social inclusion of people with developmental disabilities. With an annual approximate budget of $20M from various funding sources (Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, Meta Foundation fundraising and direct user payments), our services include: 24 hour Residential; Supported Independent Living; Community Participation in our 5 day program locations in North York, Scarborough, Vaughan and Richmond Hill and Respite offered to youth and adults. From our grass-roots beginning, Meta Centre has evolved to a streamlined and efficient community-driven organization that supports approximately 500 children, youth and adults, to live their best life.
The Board of Directors is the governing body of Meta Centre.
Meta Centre is seeking a passionate and motivated volunteer director with a range of skills and/or experience to complement our current board, especially in areas of public relations, government relations, human resources, community development, communications, IT, marketing and social media.
- The Board meets 10 times per year; each director should be available to serve on at least one committee.
- Board members are expected to serve, at least, one 2-year term
- Provide strategic leadership to the organization, ensuring that the mission, vision, and values are upheld
- Represent the organization and actively participate in committee meetings and Board meetings
- Review strategy and contribute to annual operation plans through constructive planning and manage relationships with our corporate and community partners
- Be willing to serve on a minimum of one committee (e.g. Governance, Finance, etc.)
- Approve the annual budget, audit reports and review monthly activities as presented in the monthly financial reports
- Participate in Meta Foundation fundraising and other relevant special events
- Demonstrated professional , executive or leadership experience and accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the non-profit sector
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Experience in fundraising and/or marketing
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of people with developmental disabilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward a letter of interest and resume, highlighting relevant qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2019. We thank all applicants; however, only those who are to be interviewed will be contacted.