Manager of Human Resources
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Manages the day-to-day operations of Human Resource activities for the Branch.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the Executive Director
- University Degree or College Diploma in Human Resources.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation considered an asset.
- Four years managerial experience, or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- Significant experience in a health or social services setting.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- A good working knowledge of Human Resource service delivery in recruitment, pay and benefits, labour relations and human resource information systems.
- Proficient knowledge of employment laws and regulations combined with the ability to manage implementation and related employee training.
- Demonstrated skills and proficiency of software programs; database, word processing, electronic mail, and internet services.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Advanced language skills in French and English are a requirement as per the Branch`s French Language Designation Plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Responsible for the keeping current with employment regulations and implementing related programs.
- Responsible for the coordination of the recruitment, selection, and orientation of new employees.
- Administer the payroll and benefit plan for all Branch employees with authority to approve standard human resource and payroll decisions.
- Responsible for the administration of the benefit plan for all Branch employees.
- Manages and oversees the operations of the Human Resources Information System database and payroll database systems.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, develops HR policies and procedures for the Branch.
- Responsible for establishing a structure, process, monitoring system on personnel files for all branch employees and volunteers.
- Oversees new employee orientation, integration, training and performance review
- Assists with the development of job descriptions, job postings, pre-screening resumes, producing offer packages and conducting reference checks
- As a resource, facilitates change management and consults for increased organizational effectiveness.
- Manages employee disability claims and return to work program.
- Corresponds with finance in regards to staffing and budget forecasting as it relates to operational planning, program or staffing changes.
- Makes recommendations to the Executive Director relative to matters of hiring, non-disciplinary and disciplinary actions regarding Branch employees.
- Act as Management relief as required.
Labour and Employee Relations
- Coordinates and participates in labour relations meetings.
- Interprets and administers the collective agreement
- Coaches management in interpretation and action planning for issues covered by the collective agreement and other related policies
- Advises managers and employees on HR and Labour Relations issues
- Participates in the preparation for and negotiation of collective agreements
- Assists managers and employees in developing return to work plans
- Coaches management through the Performance Management process ensuring timely, accurate and effective performance review delivery
- Assists employees and management with leave management
Communicates & Initiates Problem Solving & Training
- Promotes communication by responding to enquiries from managers and employees, administering the Collective Agreement, Personnel Policies and prevailing laws to resolve work-related issues.
- Identifies gaps and needed modifications in staff relations and bring these to the attentions of the Management Team.
Special Projects / Committees:
The Manager of HR will lead special projects as required. Examples may be as follows.
- Implementation of HRMS Quadrant Payroll, QHRnet, Replicon
- Implementation of Human Resources Plan and Risk Management Policy
- Participate on various committees such as the Labour/ Management Committee, Wellness Committee, Health & Safety Committee and Accreditation.
- Act as liaison to the FLS committee of the Board with regards to the implementation of French Language Services Designation Plan.
- Participates in program development, improvement activities, and staff meetings.
- Participates in professional development.
- Provides timely and informative reports as directed and requested by the Executive Director.
More searches like this
- Business / Professional Services Workplace / Employment Law Administrator, Analyst, Advisor 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario
- Health and Social Services Workplace / Employment Law Administrator, Analyst, Advisor 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario
- HR Consultant - Firm Workplace / Employment Law Administrator, Analyst, Advisor 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario
- Management Consulting Workplace / Employment Law Administrator, Analyst, Advisor 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario
- Not-For-Profit Workplace / Employment Law Administrator, Analyst, Advisor 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario