Manager, Human Resources
A great company revolves around an exceptional team, and this is a unique opportunity for you to support and lead a dynamic team of professionals. If you’re passionate about driving change, providing mentorship, and being your team’s biggest fan, then read on!
At TRCA, our commitment to the development of exceptional talent is unwavering. We offer a variety of opportunities that will challenge you to explore your potential and make a difference.
We are currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to provide guidance and strategic advice to the HR Business Partners and associated Business Units to achieve organizational goals and objectives. Serving as the first point of contact for the HR Business Partners and Divisional Managers, the Manager, HR provides counsel, coaching and support on HR issues and employee related questions. The Manager, HR builds relationships across the organization, becoming a trusted advisor and change agent. This position is accountable for developing and implementing proactive Human Resources strategies and processes that support group-specific needs and overall company business objectives. The role will include supporting business unit leaders in organizational design, change management, leadership, engagement and retention and acquisition strategies, employee talent development and performance management, and ongoing HR processes including; compensation, succession planning and development, and employee relations. In addition, this position is responsible for supporting key HR initiatives, driving HR functional excellence and developing strategies for process improvement. The Manager, HR is responsible for overseeing and supervising the HR Business Partners and HR Advisors and works collaboratively with all members of the HR team.
- Manages and oversees all aspects of employee relations at TRCA in a confidential manner, including providing guidance, facilitation, and mediation and coaching with the goal of resolution to associated issues. Work closely and in collaboration with the Chief Human Resources Officer and HR Business Partners.
- Supports the Chief Human Resources Officer with managing, coordinating and administering TRCA’s compensation program including the job evaluation process ensuring a fair, legislatively compliant, externally competitive and internally equitable hierarchy of jobs.
- Oversees and provides recommendations with respect to TRCA’s Benefits Program and OMERs pension plan, including reviewing and conducting analysis on trends associated with benefit usage and making recommendations on revisions to specific benefits coverage.
- Manages, monitors and maintains the recruitment, selection and retention process at TRCA, continually reviewing and analyzing TRCA’s recruitment practices and tools to ensure effective hiring practices are in place to attract and retain top talent.
- Manages the Authority’s AODA and WHMIS program to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Collaborates with the WSIB to effectively report and manage workplace related illness/injury claims and oversees the accommodation and return to work program for employees.
- Oversees the development, administration and maintenance of the Performance Management Plan (PMP). This includes: developing the annual strategy, training staff at all levels and monitoring individual plans at various phases.
- Oversees the development and implementation of company policies and procedures. Ensure that all relevant policies, procedures, practices, processes, and systems meet corporate standards, comply with applicable legislation, and are consistent with industry norms.
- Active participation in the development of the Human Resources strategy in support of short- and long-term business goals.
- Management member on the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC).
- A university degree and/or college diploma in Human Resources.
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation and/or actively pursuing designation required.
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) Designation an asset.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ progressive experience in Human Resources and at least five (5) years in a managerial/supervisory capacity.
- Significant employee relations experience in a fast-paced environment.
- In-depth experience in managing multiple key HR processes; specific experience in change management/team alignment is an asset.
- Valid Ontario “G” Driver’s licence.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of employment legislation including but not limited to the Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, AODA.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills, proven ability in effective coaching, problem-solving, and judgment skills and solid knowledge of key business processes.
- Strong business partnering/collaboration skills, developed influencing skills with demonstrated ability to partner with leadership teams and influence across functions.
- Proven diplomacy, tact, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Ability to lead change initiatives and to foster a positive employee relations environment.
- Excellent mediation/facilitation, conflict resolution and adaptability skills.
- Proven ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment while ensuring a high level of integrity and confidentiality is maintained; build trusting relationships with internal clients.
- Ability to manage a diverse HR team with excellent interpersonal, performance management, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated time-management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; work on a number of concurrent projects; self-motivated, can prioritize well and work comfortably and effectively with multiple deadlines and periods of intense activity. Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events
- Availability to work after-hours in times of intense activity and/or emergency situations.
- Proficient in MS Office and a strong understanding of HRIS systems. Knowledge of Ceridian software considered an asset.
Please apply to this posting via our website www.trca.ca. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-191-19 prior to midnight on July 4, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or driver's abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.