AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Safety, Training and Compliance, responsible for planning, coordinating and conducting employee training, educational and development programs
- Develop, deliver and co-ordinate the delivery of training programs for divisional staff and contractors to meet departmental objectives, legislative requirements and industry best practices.
- Populate and maintain learner management system.
- Provide consultation to Supervisors/Managers for the development of job-specific training.
- Monitor and evaluate policies, procedures, techniques, and equipment and develop standard safe operating procedures.
- Maintain training records and documentation for divisional staff.
- Review, compile and communicate standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and provide related SOP training and support.
- Attend staff meetings and contract start up meetings to promote and ensure compliance with all applicable legislation and corporate policies.
- Represent division at corporate health and safety committee meetings and monitor resolution of identified issues.
- Undertake on-site health and safety audits to identify ensure compliance with legislation and best practices in the workplace.
- Assist in providing support during accident investigations and implementation of mitigating measures.
- In collaboration with the supervisor prepare budget requirements related to divisional training needs.
- Conduct research to remain current on emerging training techniques, product knowledge and industry information.
- Demonstrate and promote positive behaviours/values, including mutual respect, open communication, trust and conflict resolution.
- University degree in Human Resources, Labour Relations or Adult Education,
- Minimum of 3 years experience in training/staff development with knowledge of curriculum development, lesson planning, program delivery and adult learning theory;
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation such as Occupational Health Safety Act, Environmental Protection Act, Highway Traffic Act and other relevant codes and regulations;
- Demonstrated experience in planning, scheduling and coordinating work activities;
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills;
- Previous training experience would be an asset; good performance and work record.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Watch our Join Our Team video to hear what our employees say about working here. For insight about Brampton’s future, take a peek at what renowned urban planner Larry Beasley has to say.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference #103341 by June 27, 2019 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement.