Director, People & Culture, Foundation Division
The Foundation is seeking an outstanding professional and transformational leader to join our People & Culture team in the role of Director, People & Culture, Foundation Division. Reporting to the Director, People & Culture, CNIB, this position will provide day-to-day leadership and support to a national team of Foundation Professionals and will be an important contributor to the success of the The Foundation through the development and delivery of its People & Culture strategic plan.
The Director will be expected to travel occasionally to The Foundation offices in communities across Canada.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
- A thought leader who wants to make a difference in an evolving organization within not-for-profit;
- A culture builder, with a strong work ethic, who makes valued and principle-based decisions;
- Sets clear priorities that are aligned to business goals, and will drive accountability for results and progress;
- Demonstrates a combination of sound business acumen, a consultative and customer focused approach;
- A proven relationship builder, effective coach and leader who can lead a team to achieve professional growth and outstanding business results;
- A leader who demonstrates a high level of curiosity and resourcefulness.
- Develop and deliver The Foundation People & Culture initiatives, programs and services that enhance The Foundation’s ability to attract, retain and advance our human capital to achieve our strategic goals and objectives;
- Build a business partnership culture within the Foundation division;
- Regularly scan and assess People & Culture issues, trends, gaps and opportunities that could impact The Foundation;
- Provide counsel and interpretation relative to best management and People & Culture practices;
- Develop and lead performance management and succession planning programs and initiatives;
- Provide practical advice and counsel to management on all HR and employee relations matters while engaging and building strong relationships with employees and all levels of leadership; and
- A resource and coach for all levels of The Foundation.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience):
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- A strong HR Manager with 7+ years of leadership experience in all facets of HR Management including developing programs and delivering national HR services;
- Excellent knowledge of employment related legislation;
- In-depth experience of employee relations within a not-for-profit organization;
- Highly proficient communicator with the ability to be clear and concise in all mediums (written and oral);
- Excellent problem-solving, negotiations, conflict resolution and decision-making skills;
- Proven organizational skills with strong focus on prioritization, ability to juggle multiple requirements and meeting deadlines;
- Demonstrated change management leadership;
- University/college degree with business or HR focus (CHRL required); and
- Bilingualism (English/French) an asset.