Human Resources Manager
JVS Toronto is a registered charity in the social services sector providing career and employment services. Our employees make a difference affecting local communities by connecting jobseekers to employment and helping employers build their workforce in Toronto and York Region.
Are you looking for meaningful work where you can make a noticeable difference in peoples’ lives? JVS Toronto will provide you with the opportunity to advance your career and give back to our community. To reward employees’ hard work, JVS Toronto offers a paid vacation allowance, health, vision, & dental benefits, an employee assistance program (EAP), and corporate discounts.
Human Resources Manager, Job ID #109
Full-time / Contract until March 31st, 2020 with possibility of renewal / Starting ASAP / Dufferin & Lawrence
JVS is seeking an experienced HR Manager with a specialization in Training and Development to help drive the ever-changing environment in which JVS operates and to lead and deliver organization-wide training initiatives.
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Partner with leaders across the organization to provide leadership, consultation and coaching for strategic learning and development initiatives, including any training of regulatory and compliance requirements
- Analyze employee training needs and develop training programs as needed
- Establish a detailed annual training calendar with corresponding budget that demonstrates a strong return on investment
- Perform needs analyses, gap analyses, development of the curriculum and create training manuals and deliver the training modules
- Establish training metrics
- Coach and assist managers in performance management
- Work closely with the Human Resources team to ensure that all initiatives are effectively and efficiently coordinated, communicated and rolled out
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends may be required for this position.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Management or Business, or Bachelor Degree in Arts/Adult Education with specialization in Human Resources
- Certification in HR (i.e. CHRP, CHRL, etc.) OR certification in ATD (i.e. APTD, CTDP, CPLP, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within a unionized workplace in a similar role, at least 3 of which have been in the development of customized training programs
- Fine-tuned verbal and written communication skills in English
- Thorough knowledge on Ontario labour and employment related legislation
- Ability to manage relationships and problem solving within a multicultural setting
- Ability to develop policies pertaining to training, professional development, etc.
- Experience in leadership and soft skill training
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.