HRIS Human Resources Project Coordinator
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada’s leading business law firms with over 400 lawyers based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York. Osler advises many of Canada’s corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada.
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our lawyers, students, management and staff have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to further your career or carve out a new path.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources (Compensation & Benefits) and working directly with members of the HCM project team, the HRIS Project Coordinator will support and/or partner with Firm members at all levels in helping to drive the successful implementation of a new HRIS for Osler. Once installed, the HRIS Project Coordinator will act as part of a team in supporting and leveraging the technology in the efficient and effective delivery of HR services.
Please Note: This is a 2-year contract opportunity
Major Responsibilities and Duties
In the immediate term, through system selection and implementation, the HRIS Coordinator will:
- Maintain/monitor project plans, project schedules, budgets and expenditures
- Organize, attend and participate in various committee and stakeholder meetings
- Support the documentation and analytical review of HR best practice events and integrate the results into process improvements as they relate to HR technology
- Document and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Manage storage and accuracy of documentation
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings
- Ensure project deadlines are met
- Maintain project change orders
- Track expenditures, obtain approvals and process payments
- Prepare minutes and distribute to all project team members
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Undertake project tasks as required
Post implementation, the HRIS Project Coordinator will:
- Act as a point of contact for all Firm members/groups in supporting user needs, responding to inquiries, addressing issues experienced by users, system issues, escalations, etc.
- Support the development and maintenance of best practice HR processes and systems necessary to support Firm objectives
- Support management report writing needs, including the preparation of custom reports
- Ensure system upgrades and updates are made in a timely and accurate manner, coordinating processes with IS, and other departments as necessary
- Investigate and resolve HRIS related problems in collaboration with the appropriate internal and/or external parties
- Interface with other systems and teams to ensure compliance
- Support relationships between external services providers (i.e. banks, employee benefits, pension plan, etc.), and employees/departments to troubleshoot issues
- Assist with special projects and various initiatives as required
Education and Experience
The position requires a University degree, preferably in Human Resources Management. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of two to three years previous related experience, including demonstrated HRIS implementation/maintenance experience; including employee data, payroll and benefits, learning, talent management, etc.
- Excellent computer skills, e.g. Microsoft Office, Internet (research)
- Demonstrated project management experience
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date to:
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
P.O. Box 50, 1 First Canadian Place
Toronto, Ontario M5X 1B8
No agencies or phone calls/emails please.