Human Resource Analyst, Human Resource Services (Term)
Position: Human Resource Analyst, Human Resource Services (Term)
Work Location: Human Resource Services – Aurora Education Centre (60 Wellington Street West, Aurora, ON, L4G 3H2)
Salary Rate: $67,216 - $75,653
Work Schedule: 35 hours/week
Number of Positions: 1 (One)
Application Deadline: July 2, 2019
Thank you for your interest in the Human Resource Analyst position with the York Region District School Board. This position is effective immediately and will end on or about March 27, 2020 and is due to a leave of absence. In compliance with Board policies and procedures, this position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, auditing, documenting and training staff on Human Resource processes, procedures and practices; project management; providing leadership in researching, recommending, and implementing and designing technological solutions to HR systems and processes.
- To review, analyze, audit and document human resource services related processes and procedures.
- To research, recommend, design and implement technological solutions to HR systems and processes.
- To support or manage a variety of HR projects.
- To manage interfaces and uploads (e.g. experience, salary and seniority updates, OCT, MEN, Trillium) and querying reports as required.
- To liaise with IT Services and other pertinent system partners to ensure integrity of data, processes and procedures.
- To coach and train department staff on HRIS related issues and assist them querying various reports.
- To assist in the review and development of policies and procedures.
- To participate in meetings and serve on committees, as required.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
LINE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Reports to Senior HR Analyst, Human Resource Services.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A three-year post-secondary college diploma or university degree in human resources management, business studies or a related discipline, or equivalent, as approved by the Board, is required.
- Strong analytical and technical/computer skills including a minimum of five years of experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Knowledge of Intelligent query or other report building tools.
- Strong written skills with experience in writing reference materials.
- Process and or organizational mapping experience an asset
- Knowledge of data quality management principles.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals and groups both within and outside the Board is required.
Equity, Diversity, and Accommodation:
The York Region District School Board believes in giving each and every applicant an equal opportunity to succeed on his or her own merit, and we strive to hire staff that reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and our communities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Human Resource Services strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected to participate in our recruitment process, please inform our Recruitment and Retention Team of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in advance of attending the interview/practicum. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit a current original Police Vulnerable Sector Check from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment with the Board. Police Vulnerable Sector Check documents are only valid if issued within the last six months. Candidates are not advised to obtain this document prior to an offer of employment.
On-line applications are collected centrally at the Education Centre - Aurora and are monitored by Human Resource Services. Only candidates selected to participate in our selection process will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.