Coordinator, Staff Scheduling & Human Resources, Temporary - .8 FTE
Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace. In applying to any of our careers, all candidates will promote a safe environment by informing their manager of any relevant issues related to patients, families or staff and maintain a focus on patient and staff safety in all aspects of duties performed.
0.8 FTE - Anticipated 1 Year Contract
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Coordinator, Staff Scheduling and Human Resources coordinates the day to day operations of the human resources department and the centralized Staff Scheduling office. The incumbent provides leadership, direction and support to human resources and centralized scheduling and staffing team members in the delivery of high quality services in the areas of recruitment, employee and labour relations, compensation and benefits, scheduling, and staffing. The incumbent provides professional expertise, guidance, leadership, and fosters the professional development of individuals and team in the delivery of service excellence. The incumbent promotes and ensures a collaborative working partnership with other areas of the Human Resources portfolio and with other program and services within the organization and fosters a customer service focus. The incumbent coordinates the delivery of services in support of QHC’s mission, vision, and strategic directions and achieves them in alignment with our corporate values and a passion for creating an exceptional workplace.
It is the expectation of QHC that all staff members are accountable for the delivery of high quality, safe and reliable care along with a safe work environment to ensure and protect the health and safety of those who use and deliver the programs and services provided by our organization.
• University degree related to Human Resources Management or related field
• 3-5 years of progressive and recent professional supervisory/management experience in a unionized environment, preferably in a multi-unionized environment. Health care experience is an asset.
• Recent project management experience
• Recent experience in Human Resources and/or Staff Scheduling
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Communication, both verbal and written ability
• Demonstrated ability to support staff in the accomplishment of service goals and objectives
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to gain consensus while maintaining integrity and confidentiality
• Experience in leading projects/initiatives to successful completion
• Experience in identifying and evaluating human resources management strategies, plans, or activities, based on data analysis and trends
• Committed to continuous learning
• Evidence of effective customer service, leadership, critical thinking and decision-making skills
1. Responsible for the coordination of day-to-day operations of the human resources department and the Staff Scheduling office.
2. Provides leadership and operational management to the corporate recruitment services function, including the development and maintenance of processes related to recruitment and selection decision-making. This encompasses the leadership in developing interview templates and guides.
3. Coordinates the development, implementation and management of the overall nursing units scheduling and staffing requirements to ensure they meet contractual agreements.
4. Contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of corporate policies, procedures and standards in the areas of human resources and well as scheduling guidelines and procedures.
5. As the Administrator, facilitates the maintenance of the Electronic Scheduling Program for all of QHC. Assists with any required training for Directors, Managers and Timekeepers and provide ongoing counsel for Program users.
6. Provides oversight for the placement of students and review of affiliation agreements with associated accredited educational institutions.
7. Provides direction and assistance to Staff Scheduling associates in the staffing, scheduling and collective agreement interpretation functions of their roles. Maintains attendance records and performance appraisals for the Staff Scheduling associates.
8. Works with the Director and team in maintaining a focus on quality improvement within Human Resources and Staff Scheduling, and serves as a lead in the implementation of improvement initiatives.
9. Determines the appropriate resource requirements to meet the needs of the department through appropriate benchmarking & utilization management. Monitors resource utilization and financial performance.
10. Has responsibility for the recruitment, selection, promotion, and performance evaluation for the direct reports within the Human Resources and centralized staffing and scheduling office.
11. Supports the professional development of staff including the provision of educational programs and participation in continuing education sessions.
12. Leads salary, demographic and economic survey reporting for the HR department.
13. Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
More searches like this
- Business / Professional Services Talent Management / Workforce Planning Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Kingston
- Health and Social Services Talent Management / Workforce Planning Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Kingston
- Management Consulting Talent Management / Workforce Planning Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Kingston
- Recruitment and Staffing Talent Management / Workforce Planning Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Kingston