Human Resources Business Partner
Fresenius Medical Care is the world's largest integrated provider of dialysis products and services. As a vertically integrated company, we provide a complete solution for patients with chronic kidney failure and their caregivers, from research and development to manufacturing our dialysis products to providing complete therapy options within our own clinics. Fresenius Medical Care provides dialysis services in over 120 countries, including over 3400 dialysis clinics and 40 production sites worldwide.
In Canada, Fresenius Medical Care has been caring for patients undergoing dialysis for over twenty-five years. We understand the impact that chronic kidney failure has on people's lives and we are committed to providing outstanding patient care that goes beyond innovative dialysis products and therapies. We care about each patient’s individual situation, whether they want to perform dialysis in their familiar surroundings at home, undergo dialysis at the hospital, or receive dialysis in one of our clinics. Our vision is to be the undisputed leader and trusted partner in renal therapies in Canada, and this vision is reflected in our key values: quality, honesty and integrity, innovation and improvement, respect and dignity, and teamwork.
Fresenius Medical Care Canada requires a Human Resources Business Partner in Richmond Hill, Ontario, reporting to the Director of Human Resources. The position entails the following responsibilities:
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the company. Counsels managers and supervisors on employment issues.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources events, policies, procedures, programs and legislative updates.
- Planning and maintaining employee reward and recognition programs, social events and charitable fundraising programs.
- Lead and/or provide consultative services on the implementation of HR initiatives and programs.
Learning and Organizational Development
- Assists with the implementation of the performance management system and employee developmental action plans.
- May facilitate various internal training programs
Talent Acquisition and Management
- Manages the recruitment and selection process for various positions, including creation of job postings, screening resumes, interviewing, and reference checking and testing.
- Maintains the onboarding program to enhance onboarding experience.
- Supports disability management through return to work plans, accommodation, attendance management and injury/illness reporting as mandated
- Coordinates and participates in new employee orientation sessions.
- Supports the organizations’ annual performance process and bonus programs
- Supports the benefit administration process
Policy and Procedure Development and Interpretation
- Assists in the development of new policies, procedures and programs as well as making amendments as needed based on employee feedback, best practices or legislative updates.
- Assists all employees with any questions or concerns regarding any FMCC policy, procedure or program.
- Support and promote a healthy and safe work environment
- Maintain the files of the JHSC and serves as a certified committee member
- Investigate workplace accidents and manages WSIB/CCST processes
- Ensure compliance with all relevant provincial health and safety legislation
Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma or university degree in Human Resources or related field
- CHRP Designation a strong asset
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources Generalist experience.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Sound working HR policy and practices knowledge and experience
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office and experience and strong aptitude for HRIS software required (ADP Workforce Now an asset).
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Able to use sound judgment and diplomacy in dealing with highly confidential employment issues.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, ability to deal with competing priorities.
- Exceptional service orientation across all teams, proactively anticipating their needs and expectations
- Bilingual in French and English is preferred
Thank you for your interest in Fresenius.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our clients/customers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.